Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #51
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

But I'm very happy with my first repair
Super job !!!
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #52
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Protocol View Post
On the topic of paint. Ever try mixing a 'chrome' paint?

I had to repair one of the foot claws on my old X-23 comiquette. The claw is lined up perfect but the paint could be touched up.

I don't know how to make chrome. The paint on the statue looks like aluminum foil.
I don't know how well this will work on resin/polystone. He paints a plastic sculpture in the video so I assume it should work fine. Solvent based though, so the piece you are painting may need to be stripped down to bare surface with acetone first.
While it may seem pricey, this has to be the most impressive chrome-like paint I've ever seen. And if you watch the video you'll see a little goes a long way.

https://www.culturehustleusa.com/products/mirror
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #53
Bad Protocol
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I don't know how well this will work on resin/polystone. He paints a plastic sculpture in the video so I assume it should work fine. Solvent based though, so the piece you are painting may need to be stripped down to bare surface with acetone first.
While it may seem pricey, this has to be the most impressive chrome-like paint I've ever seen. And if you watch the video you'll see a little goes a long way.
Thanks! Very interesting, I might pick up some of this just to mess around with.

THAT'S chrome paint!
Bad Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #54
pdenham
Teen Titans

Ironically enough the (new) statue I got in today had damage similar to the OP's- a small, thin part of a costume.

So thin there was very little area to even put any glue on. I did what I could, and then boxed it back up for storage for the time being.

Something I realized afterwards is, because that area is so thin, no matter how strong the bond is, trying to putty repair it would probably be asking for trouble. Sanding it down would likely put too much pressure on that seam and I'd be back where I started.

In the case of the OP's hat, I'd probably just mask it with a fresh coat of paint. At that scale and size of problem, puttying it would be more of a job for a pro.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote