Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #81
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Well, 1 and 3 are personal opinion, so not really raining on anyone's parade. The cape... of course I'd always prefer sculpted over fabric. I can't speak to quality of the fabric from a picture though. However, the stories I have heard/seen of their 1/3 scale capes peeling/falling apart do concern me. The problem with those stories is that the collectors like to leave out details, like the climate the piece is displayed in, for example.
100% i just wouldnt want to intentionally tarnish anyones opinion by pushing my own

youre right about the capes too - i had flashpoint batman here in michigan for two years and it was fine, follow general statue guidelines and it should be safe. i just cant help but think what could have been when i look at the cape on DK III batman
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #82
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Is there art from the comics/variants that depict the Batsuit being used here? I've read Endgame a few times and I don't recall that being the suit he was wearing, I thought it was just a normal Batsuit. I also don't recall any of these cowls although maybe the one with the see through shield is similar. Either way I actually think it's a really sharp looking Batman. The emblem/light up portion of it looks good.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #83
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Is there art from the comics/variants that depict the Batsuit being used here? I've read Endgame a few times and I don't recall that being the suit he was wearing, I thought it was just a normal Batsuit. I also don't recall any of these cowls although maybe the one with the see through shield is similar. Either way I actually think it's a really sharp looking Batman. The emblem/light up portion of it looks good.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #84
mva5580

Sorry I didn't mean the Justice Buster itself, I've seen plenty of that. I was referring to Batman's Batsuit.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:59 PM   #85
SONICobra
Batman

would have loved a new 52 capullo batman to go with this - that would have been a day one for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:16 PM   #86
Mister H
Gen 13

Sonic, I get it about the portrait and cape. It's a good 1/4-ish take on Batman and there aren't a whole lot of those floating around IMO. Still, I likely won't be getting the Batman or the JB. The release date is about the same as Grim Knight. The only thing that would keep me from getting him is the Fabok rooftop Bats. I have Tweeterhead Bats, Koto Flashpoint Bats, Mignola Designer Series Bats to look forward to as well so it's not like I'm missing out on Batman items.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #87
mva5580

I love that the description for everything that's in the Justice Buster to counteract the League members exactly matches the description of those things in the comics. That's some nice attention to detail there.

As ridiculously expensive as it is, it's going to be hard for me to resist. I'm just so into Batman statues and at this point it's pretty much all I have. I think having this one, Zero Year, and the New 52 Batman would be a really, really nice trio to have.

This statue also makes me bring up the whole question/curiosity around scales/"licensing agreements" as well. I mean if you can just make something slightly off and call it "Non-Scale," then why not do that more often.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #88
SDguy

I don't know about the buster, but Prime 1 is specifically answering questions in their FB group about Batman's scale, with the response of he's 1/4 scale.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:02 PM   #89
mva5580

Yeah well that doesn't really mean anything considering they continue to say that Zero Year is 1/3 scale and very obviously isn't lol. I'm just saying.....this whole thing with licensing/scales/etc seems somewhat fluid to me. Like sporadically they can just get away with making whatever they want.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #90
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yeah well that doesn't really mean anything considering they continue to say that Zero Year is 1/3 scale and very obviously isn't lol. I'm just saying.....this whole thing with licensing/scales/etc seems somewhat fluid to me. Like sporadically they can just get away with making whatever they want.
OK , well, you don't have to go by what they say... you could just do the math. At 20", that would make the piece IRL 80" if 1/4 scale. That's 6'8". Batman is what, 6'2" right, so that leaves 6 inches for base and cowl ears, since I think we can agree he's basically standing straight up. We'd need the actual height of the base and his ears to confirm.... at best he's a hair shy of 1/4 scale. Certainly nothing close to 1/5.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote