Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-15-2023, 03:44 AM   #11
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Base size aside, it would have been most preferable if the “1/6” size and scale of the character bodies was consistent across lines. Honestly, as a collector this is really frustrating. You would like to believe “1/6“ means the same thing, especially being both lines are released from the same company.

Has Tweeterhead commented on this specific topic? I’ve read through different threads and posts, but don’t see a TW response addressing this and/or explaining why.

There will be characters from the Super Powers line and most likely won’t be revisited again. Missed opportunity…

Igo/Tweeterhead?
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:17 AM   #12
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i believe Two Face is right around 6 feet tall. the base is nowhere near 5 inches. He's most certainly oversized.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:25 PM   #13
Das Brutah
The Avengers

The original Joker SP statue is 15 inches tall, with a taller base.

Despite both being advertised as 1/6 scale, I would imagine having these side by side would make the 1/6 Two-Face appear like he is 8 ft tall giant compared to SP Joker.

So frustrating there is no consistency on the what to expect 1/6 scale means with respect to the size and scale of the character bodies.

I have every 1/6 “Batman Universe” SP statue Tweeterhead released. I was excited for 1/6 2.0 line and continuing to add characters to my collection. Despite both being 1/6 scale, the new character body size/scale statues won’t match older pieces.

Base size can be played with in positioning statues or placing something under a shorter base to add height.

Feels like a slap in the face to long standing collectors and is a quality control issue that easily could and should have been avoided.

It’s surprising because this seems like the exact opposite of what I would have expected from Tweeterhead and Chad, who seemed to be a fan.

Disappointed…
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 04:33 PM   #14
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
The original Joker SP statue is 15 inches tall, with a taller base.

Despite both being advertised as 1/6 scale, I would imagine having these side by side would make the 1/6 Two-Face appear like he is 8 ft tall giant compared to SP Joker.

So frustrating there is no consistency on the what to expect 1/6 scale means with respect to the size and scale of the character bodies.

I have every 1/6 ?Batman Universe? SP statue Tweeterhead released. I was excited for 1/6 2.0 line and continuing to add characters to my collection. Despite both being 1/6 scale, the new character body size/scale statues won?t match older pieces.

Base size can be played with in positioning statues or placing something under a shorter base to add height.

Feels like a slap in the face to long standing collectors and is a quality control issue that easily could and should have been avoided.

It?s surprising because this seems like the exact opposite of what I would have expected from Tweeterhead and Chad, who seemed to be a fan.

Disappointed?
i just measured my SuperPowers Jokers. he's about 16" tall. base is about 2 3/4 inches tall. Two-Face's base def looks shorter. He's certainly oversized. If it was a character like Bane, more oversized the better. But in terms of team displays it's not ideal. with Bowens that are incorrectly scaled, i would push some towards the back of the shelf, others toward the front and strategically places certain characters next to others to make the scale not look off.

But i agree, it would've been a lot cooler if they were all in the same scale.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:18 PM   #15
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I measured the Flash minus the base and the actual character is about 14 inches. I measure also Shazam and Starfire and the actual characters are around 13 inches. I do have Flash next to Starfire and they look fine together and I did put him next to Shazam and they look fine together also.. Now Green Lantern and Robin are 12 inches and he does dwarf them slightly. I saw the pic next the the Super Powers Superman and he does dwarf him somewhat. It seemed that he does go ok with the later Super Powers line but does dwarf some of the first ones.

I said this before but it does seem that there were some Bowen phases that the statues were made a little larger than prior or preceding ones (Quicksilver and classic Power Man come to mind). However, I do wonder if future DC statues will be scaled down somewhat or done at this new scale.

I do think that it would be nice if they could address this.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote