Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #421
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm leaning towards Prime's as well.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #422
Patriot666
Birdman

P1 wins for me too. Love the wall mounted eagle head base for this one. Looks like it's straight out of the movie. I can't swing this one but I'm considering selling a kidney to get the P1 Jungle Hunter lol.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #423
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Decision time now that both are available. I wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1 slap a smaller than expected ES on this now that Infinity have just listed their P2 at a surprisingly competitive cost. One thing is sure, whichever one of these people prefer, we have two great options here and both for a good chunk of money less than Sideshow asked for their very average effort....

So very true Matt.

Infinity Studios already have my order/money - still undecided about the PRIME1 piece (netting/scale).

Time will tell.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #424
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Infinity Studios already have my order/money - still undecided about the PRIME1 piece (netting/scale)
Acc. their pictures, both City and Jungle hunter get netting.
On the 'city pred' it looks more loose than the 'jungle art cover', which looks like to be spot glued over the larger area's on some pics.
Both you can see the shadow from the threads on the body, so its not sculpted.

Used spoiler brackets bcs pic is quite large.
Spoiler

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #425
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Acc. their pictures, both City and Jungle hunter get netting.
On the 'city pred' it looks more loose than the 'jungle art cover', which looks like to be spot glued over the larger area's on some pics.
Both you can see the shadow from the threads on the body, so its not sculpted.
HeavyMetalSpike's concern isn't that there won't be netting, but that their netting will be plastic like in those photos. Same style as NECA.

We've been hoping for fabric netting.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #426
Halcyon
Loki

Ohh I see,
yes should be cord/string on high quality like these preds (smaller scale has it too),
my guess looking at these pics it might be made of prefab plastic bcs of the typical shine and the equal sized junctions..

If it will be plastic..
Then I hope it will be placed tight on the body. When it is more loosely applied, you will notice the difference even more.

Fingers crossed it will be fabric netting, I just placed my order for the P1 Cover Art.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #427
Python
Omega Red

I did a little comparison image of the bios. Both could be better for sure with a few tweaks, the "cheek bone" area on both is weak, and that is what gives the real hero mask much of it's shape. But I think it's clear that the Prime 1 version is much closer to the real thing currently. By the way, I'm not trying to knock them, I love both of these statues. I just love the P2 mask and nobody ever seems to really nail it.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #428
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Hello Matt,

They used more than one mask, prob not all exactly the same. I think the infinity look good too, especially from the side.

Have you seen this site, it has a lot of study material (pics from movie and SWS and props sold through auction). Nav bar for pred1 and 2 stuff.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/m...neral.8/page-5
Old 12-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #429
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really wish prime1 will remove the battle damage from the helmet nose, looks out of place. Why? Just why?

I really don’t get those companies sometimes who insist on adding stupid ugly plastic effects or unnecessary damage to otherwise great statues. Sideshow cable is another example, so is the prime1 goku
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #430
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hello Matt,

They used more than one mask, prob not all exactly the same. I think the infinity look good too, especially from the side.

Have you seen this site, it has a lot of study material (pics from movie and SWS and props sold through auction). Nav bar for pred1 and 2 stuff.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/m...neral.8/page-5

Sure, although I think there is often confusion regarding what were actually screen used props for P2. It doesn't help that the "hero" mask went walkies at some point after shooting wrapped. They made two distinctive masks, the Hero and the stunt mask. The stunt mask is more easily accessible which is why statues like these often base their sculpts on it. But here's the thing, it was only visible in one scene (the train top) And even then it was hard to make out due to the strobe effect and fast movement. So choosing to base a sculpt on that makes little sense imo. It is definitely recognizable enough, but there are some fairly large differences in terms of shape, size and colour. The Hero mask on the other hand is a work of art, it looks like a beautiful angry duck. It's just a shame that nobody ever gets it right. Infinity are miles off sadly (the only real complaint about an otherwise awesome statue) They should consider re-doing it. Prime 1 got much closer, but some tweaks would no doubt improve their statue even further.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote