Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-30-2022, 10:09 PM   #351
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
25% off and double rewards on Sideshow
Unfortunately that?s only a good discount if you were able to pick it up yourself. I was tempted, put it in my cart and then saw $571 for shipping?
Awwww hellll nooooo?

These shipping prices are way out of hand..I don?t care how big the box is..it cost me $300 to have a Reclining loveseat and Couch shipped to me, and that was also brought into my house, and old furniture moved out.
Shipping will be the end of this hobby if this keeps up.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:28 AM   #352
Biggunz
Loki

Excellent Job Gentlemen! Way to push getting a discount going. IMHO I believe SS was listening reading these last few pages. Clearly you can see consumer sentiment was great but price with shipping was killing this deal. I’m proud of this forum today. After the years of talking about price and elasticity and the back and forth of consumers make the price etc.

Kudos to sideshow too! TRICKY TO GET A DEAL DONE, BUT I Respect that

Shipping indeed is making a good spread for SS, but with the discount, and the rewards I had plus the rewards you get back it made sense for me. I?m very close to them and shipping was still $400+ plus taxes $73.50. I checked shipping from prime 1 before completing my order and it would have been $300. So ss is already making $156 off shipping and putting it into their pocket or somewhere. Who knows.

All in all, truth is in 2023 it will be very tricky to move these statues around with increased shipping rates and the already pumped up market.

People are going to be strapped for cash.

Happy to see sideshow being smart and getting the jump on things to move their inventory out of warehouses and into customers hands.

At the end of the day people have cash. They just aren?t going to throw it around unless they feel they are getting deals.

Hoping to see maybe PCS Ronin and some others that have been over priced unnecessarily in the 25% list soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002C897F-155D-444E-9D65-48CA09ECE63A.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	157321   Click image for larger version

Name:	979E99FB-8DE6-46E4-9DCE-681D39E57E20.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	157322   Click image for larger version

Name:	A6EA37B4-F4AA-4D00-99F4-00E22C4968C4.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	157323  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:38 AM   #353
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
And I just put 15% plus $222 in rewards on it yesterday. On payment plan. The 15% was about to expire so I put it to good use. I just canceled my order out of frustration. It never went on sale so I figured it never would.
Juicy Lugnuts I think you should call sideshow first thing Tuesday and let them know what?s going. Let them know you already canceled the order out of spite because they literally put it on sale right after you ordered it. Ask them is they can honor this deal based on your situation and grief. I think its something you should fight for and they should consider if they are smart.

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:43 AM   #354
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I had the black and gray version of Hush Batman and not only did it tilt forward, the front foot wouldn?t even fit in the hole properly.

Also, two of the head portraits were damaged. Prime 1?s advice was for me use a hair dryer on the base, and for me to buy super sculpy and black paint and fix the heads myself, and then they offered me $80 in store credit. I returned it and won?t buy anything else from them.

Absolutely ridiculous.
I wonder if this is a result of speed rushing the black and grey version. Makes me like the blue one I have more. Sorry about your bad luck son.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:44 AM   #355
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
And here's the inevitable blue version.
But I just ordered the black version! Now what do I do
Old 12-31-2022, 04:54 AM   #356
Biggunz
Loki

Says waitlisted now

Guess they sold some statues when prices are better ???
Old 12-31-2022, 10:25 AM   #357
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Says waitlisted now

Guess they sold some statues when prices are better ???
Batman on Bike ended up selling out
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 04:53 PM   #358
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I strongly considered this with that sale and would have bought it if shipping was half of what they were actually charging. Oh well.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 05:51 PM   #359
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Unfortunately that?s only a good discount if you were able to pick it up yourself. I was tempted, put it in my cart and then saw $571 for shipping?
Awwww hellll nooooo?

These shipping prices are way out of hand..I don?t care how big the box is..it cost me $300 to have a Reclining loveseat and Couch shipped to me, and that was also brought into my house, and old furniture moved out.
Shipping will be the end of this hobby if this keeps up.
holy crap, that's nuts. I saw that deal and thought it was killer. I guess only the shipping is killer.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 08:56 PM   #360
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I strongly considered this with that sale and would have bought it if shipping was half of what they were actually charging. Oh well.
Yea, I would have also, but with that shipping it makes it almost the same as getting from P1 direct without the sale as they were a couple hundred cheaper shipping plus no tax.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote