Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #11
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight
Kirthew, was that you taking with the Tats while I was waiting in line for Tim Sale?

Sale was a nice guy to talk to. He did little sketches in the HC book sI brought for him to sign. I think he does it for everyone but it's a nice touch rather than just an autograph. I got to see the pencil sketch in his sketchbook of the Captain America piece he's doing for MONSTER. I think he said it's going to be done up as a full-sized comic page.

I was really looking forward to getting a sketch done by Stuart Immonen, but he wasn't doing any at all. I asked if he'll be at SDCC, he said no but probably WW Chicago since that closer to home for him. So if anyone's going to WWC, hit him up for a Shazam sketch for me please, I'm good for it.

Great pickups KK! I hope you get the Adam Hughes commission.

Hey did you see the Superman rough pages from Tim Sale's new Superman series with Darwyn Cooke that were in his sketchbook?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #12
Avenger
Galactus

Nice KK. I am really going to try to go to WWC so I will see what I can do for you.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
Great pickups KK! I hope you get the Adam Hughes commission.

Hey did you see the Superman rough pages from Tim Sale's new Superman series with Darwyn Cooke that were in his sketchbook?
I thought I saw a few images from it. He had some finished pages he had displayed at his table. He said it was goign to be for a new Superman series and the story was going to be called Krypton Night(or Kryptonite or some version of that). It looks really nice. Tim invited me to join up at his site forum and when I told him to look for "Krypton Knight" he had a laugh about that.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #14
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
I thought I saw a few images from it. He had some finished pages he had displayed at his table. He said it was goign to be for a new Superman series and the story was going to be called Krypton Night(or Kryptonite or some version of that). It looks really nice. Tim invited me to join up at his site forum and when I told him to look for "Krypton Knight" he had a laugh about that.
I asked to give me first crack at the Superman splash from issue one where he is holding a tanker truck over is head. I think its going to be a awesome splash from the looks of the rough pencils.

Tim's forum is really cool. There aren't a ton of members but its kind of nice that way.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
Krypton Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
I asked to give me first crack at the Superman splash from issue one where he is holding a tanker truck over is head. I think its going to be a awesome splash from the looks of the rough pencils.

Tim's forum is really cool. There aren't a ton of members but its kind of nice that way.
Is it the one where the people of Metropolis are looking up at him and there's an upward perspective of the skyline? That was one of the finished pieces he had there. It did indeed look impressive. A nice double page spread.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #16
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Kirthew, was that you taking with the Tats while I was waiting in line for Tim Sale?
Yeap that was me... I would have hung around longer... but the Wookie found out that I was a DC fan and a flipper... so I got when the getting was good...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #17
kirthew
Zot

Alright... Here are the sketches and prints I got... Including the Hughes Catwoman which we have already seen... and sorry about the yellowness of the sketches... it is hard to get the faint pencils to pop in a photo:

Ryan Ottley Supergirl Sketch

Ryan Ottley Batman Sketch

Metcalf Batman Print (Was just walking by and saw it.. had to have it)

Carmilla Anime Print... Interesting take on Anime, if you want her website I will be more than happy to give it to you.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #18
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is it the one where the people of Metropolis are looking up at him and there's an upward perspective of the skyline? That was one of the finished pieces he had there. It did indeed look impressive. A nice double page spread.
That sounds like the one. I only saw the pencils in his sketchbook so I did not realize it was a double page spread.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #19
Krypton Knight

Nice stuff kirthew! I like that Supergirl sketch alot. Metcalf had some nice stuff too, but I didn't look to hard at what he offered. I'm really hoping the Hughes comes thru with my sketch. The con ran from 10AM to 6PM and he only did signings from 12-1PM and 5-6PM, the rest of the time he was doing sketches. And I think he only got through 3 or 4 the entire time. There must have been 30-35 names on the list before Allison cut it off.

TatX should be getting a few Spider-Woman sketches this weekend too. I remember him getting on the list at the Luna Bros. table, and at least one more SW sketch from another artist.

And Tony, TatS did get in your request to Rick Leonardi. I dont know if she picked it up yesterday or today, but I know she placed the request.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #20
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Does anyone have a link to Sale's forum??

Thanks,

mwf
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote