Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 06-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Is CS Moore studios no more?

(I hope this is the right person)

I was wondering why CS Moore studios was quiet of late, their last Facebook post was back in Otcober 2014. This might shed some light on it:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/06/03/sc...ct-toys-161029

If so, it's a sad day to see them go.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Maybe we will see something decent come out of DST. Their upcoming 1966 TV Batgirl doesn't hold a candle to Tweeterhead's version. Honestly, I was never much of a fan of DST's statues.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
Macethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Maybe we will see something decent come out of DST. Their upcoming 1966 TV Batgirl doesn't hold a candle to Tweeterhead's version. Honestly, I was never much of a fan of DST's statues.
Tweeterhead is doing a Batwoman as far as I know but gotta agree that, I've also never been a fan of DST stuff and can't imagine Moore creating anything in their range that would appeal to me now.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #4
qz33
Doctor Doom

Just glad to see him still producing. If this helps him get more items out instead of trying to run a personal business in today's overcrowded environment then I am all for it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
iceprince_x
Deadman

i am still waiting for my dart statue which i pre-ordered scheduled to be delivered last month
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
grphyx1
Kingpin

Wonder how this will affect the Li'l Minxes line of statues. I still have a pre-order deposit on Kabuki
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
Johnneeukca
New Republic

I read an interview with Clay a few weeks back and I think it was a done deal then. His comments right at the beginning of the interview suggest CS Moore studio licences are no more:

Clayburn Moore: Well, I had known the guys at DST for quite a while… My wife Shelley—previously Shelley Myers—used to be with Diamond for 17 years. So I knew them from the business and I knew them personally and when I lived out in Baltimore we got to know each other all pretty well.
Of course, I had my licensing business and I started to move a way from licensing a little bit and Shelley’s brother works for DST and he sort of let them know that I was available to work with them, so they had asked me if I wanted to be involved with the Batman TV show project.

Full interview here: http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-b...irl-66-statue/

Pretty sad for the industry, I think. I've not seen anything in the DST or the DC Direct line that remotely like Fathom, Black Cat, Dawn, Dark Ivory, Calie and the rest. Shame, because Clay's sculpts was the primary reason I got into this hobby. I wonder if Top Cow's contract with XM was the final nail in the coffin?
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
Macethy

I hope he atleast creates something good for the DST line, instead of endless Batman '66 statues and random Femme Fatales.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #9
Johnneeukca
New Republic

And this on Facebook:

From Clay:

I'm very excited about my new position as Art Director and lead Sculptor with Diamond Select Toys. I'm particularly excited about working on the Marvel line of resin statues, as the Marvel characters have always been a personal favorite for me. The folks at DST are a good group of people, and I'm looking forward to working with them to produce the finest statues available.

At CS Moore Studio, we are working to wrap up our remaining projects currently in production, and after that we will have no new product releases as I am focusing my efforts on DST. The good news is you’ll be able to continue your collection of my work through Diamond Select Toys of Marvel characters, 60s Batman TV, DC animation, etc.

I want to thank all of my collectors for your support over the years, and hope you will come along with me to DST to see what we have in store for you there!

Clay
Clayburn Moore
Diamond Select Toys

Sad day, although I look forward to Clay bringing his excellent sculpts of the female form to DST.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #10
lingstar1
Fantastic Four

So the B.A.R. Maid statue is kaput as well? I put down a deposit on that one.
lingstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote