Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics

Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Framing Pictures

So I didnt know where to put this but I guess its a home economic deal.

My question is what type of tape is used to seal the back of a picture frame? I paid some guy to frame a picture a while ago and he used this tan tape (size of duct tape but its not duct) and I cant figure out what type it is. The reason I ask is because I want to pull the picture out and put it back when Im done with it. Shouldn't be to complicated really.
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

http://www.amazon.com/FPPT-01-Kraft-.../dp/B000QDRRN4

Quote:
Product Description
JVCC FPPT-01 Kraft Flatback Paper Packaging Tape is a brown color kraft flatback paper coated with a natural/synthetic rubber blend adhesive system. Good for carton sealing applications, moderate demand splicing applications, tabbing and/or core starting. Complies with Postal Regulation for Uninsured Packages. May be used in picture framing applications to seal back of frame/artwork due to its ability to stick to its own backing. This tape is a pressure-sensitive adhesive tape and does not need water to activate it like a gummed paper tape. The tape is hand-tearable and is not repulpable. This tape is now coming from a different manufacturer so please see the updated tape specifications and the revised color for the tape. NOTES: Sizes shipped will typically be the tape industry standard metric-cut sizes, i.e. 24mm for each 1 inch of nominal tape width ordered (rolls are approximately 5% narrower than the nominal size). This product's actual size is 48mm x 55m. This tape is typically cut to width from log rolls so most sizes ship on a plain white core.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

thanks
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote