Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics

Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Home theater

What do you guys like to use as your home theater speaker stands? I am moving into my new place soon and wouldn't mind just buying two stands instead of mounting them with my current wall mounts.
Also, if any of you have some for sell or know a place with a good deal on some let me know.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Wallie World (aka Wal Mart) has some.. check on line (cheap but better than some high priced ones).
I bought a pair several yrs back from best buy, before they went under.. payed way to much for them, I should of made my own LOL
Plus I use me wall mounts too, witch was a great choice IMO
Hope that helps ..?
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Hi guys, Im thinking of treating myself to a Samsung UE65ES8000 3D TV after a hard work year in 2012:

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/products/...FcZb3godlxUASQ

I think its up there with the top offerings for its size and quality, but any others have any suggestions for a 3D TV of that size?

Im also thinking about set up, and plan to wall mount it, and I noticed these soundbars - Im completely inexperienced with home setups and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what these are like compared to a full sound system? Ive looked online to mixed reports, so any feedback would be appreciated.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

That's a good choice of tv, I have a 63" Samsung 3D plasma and that has excellent picture quality. The 8000 series are definitely some of the best out there atm (of course at that price you could also get a very good 3D projector but that depends on your needs and viewing habits)
Soundbars are a good alternative if you don't want the hassle of (or have the space for) a full surround system. Though they'll never be as good as a dedicated surround setup they can be very effective depending on placement and room shape etc. The good ones are not that cheap though and you could get a decent dedicated setup for a similar price. The Yamaha sondbar is still regarded as one of the best I believe. You should have a look over at avforums.co.uk plenty of info there

also forgot to mention Samsung have just announced their latest line up of tv's at E3 so depending how much you want one now it might be worthwhile to see if you get any better deals on the UE65ES8000
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Thats great El Diablo, thank you so much! I didnt think of that, but perhaps with the new line of announcements it might drop the price again for these tvs in the coming months so will keep an eye out.

I have heard about the Yamaha one, but might investigate a full set up - I just envision wires and large speakers splashed all over the room, which with a couple of dogs in the house, just isnt an option :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

no problem
I wouldn't worry about large speakers you can get some great sounding small speakers that take up hardly any room. I'd recommend the bowers & Wilkins MT-20 surround speaker package, they're not the cheapest but they are great sounding
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote