Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics

Old 10-31-2015, 01:19 AM   #11
almar
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I agree with you.
Yes, it's all about calories. If you eat more calories then what your body needs, your body is gonna store those cals as fat. The amount of cals used daily varies per person. Some use 1500, others up to 4000 a day. A profesional althlete for example uses much more cals than your average Joe.
High quality cals, or nutrient-dense cals, will give you that satisfied feeling for a long time. Empty cals, as I like to call them, will only satisfy you for a short moment. And then you want more, and more. Like when you leave the McDonalds and still feel hungry after 30 minutes. So yes, quality is very important.
almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:58 AM   #12
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
False. You need carbs for the energy it provides to build muscles like that. You cut the carbs, slightly and slowly to cut up. But that's if you're trying to get stage ready and get down to 5, 4% bodyfat.
Not false. Yes, you do need carbs for energy and you will have a weaker workout if you don't eat enough, but if you eat too many carbs, your body will produce more fat. One of the most important aspects to weight lifters diets is not eating too many carbs, and eating the right carbs.

http://www.completehumanperformance....-muscle-carbs/

Quote:
If you don’t eat enough carbohydrate to fuel your training, you won’t build as much muscle. Basically, some of your time in the gym will be wasted. If you eat too many carbs, you’ll put on more fat than you should.
Its also better to eat slow-digesting carbs such as beans, whole-grain breads, pastas, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. over fast digesting carbs for the amount of carbs that you do need (the exceptions being first thing in the morning and immediately post workout).

Quote:
Limiting calories themselves is the key. Protein doesn't make people fat. Carbs don't make people fat. Fat, doesn't make people fat. Calories do
There are 3 macronutrients in our diets (Carbs, proteins, and fats). A carbohydrate is an organic compound occurring in foods and living tissues and include sugars, starch, and cellulose. So to say carbs don't make people fat is simply not true, especially considering some carbohydrates are absolutely LOADED with calories. Sure, its technically the calories (or the amount of energy) contained within the carbohydrate that actually makes you fat, but that is just being ridiculously technical. You eat too many carbs and you will get fat, period. Your basically making it seem like calories are completely separate from carbohydrates, proteins and fat. A calorie is simply a unit of energy and all fats, proteins and carbs contain calories.

Too many carbs (from the calories/energy contained within) will absolutely and without question make people fat so again to make a blanket statement like "carbs don't make people fat" is just completely 100% not true. Same can be said for "Protein doesn't make people fat" and "Fat, doesn't make people fat". Again, a calorie is just a unit of energy, one used to quantify the amount of energy contained within fats, proteins and carbs. Its not some separate macronutrient of food that is responsible for making people fat.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:26 AM   #13
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Gainz Lantern
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #14
SDguy

LOL'ing at diet recommendations
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:39 AM   #15
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I got news for you. I cut my carbs and sugar and I lose weight the easiest. I can eat all the fattening meat, butter, etc, etc. and I will still lose weight. With this diet, at least what I eat normally...it doesn't matter how many calories. Iv'e lost 35 pounds in the last 4 months.
LOL.

If you're losing 35 pounds, you aren't in the shape I'm referring too. I even said you need carbs to build muscle, when you want to cut up, as in, drop weight, you start dropping carbs slowly with your calories. So yes, calories matter. Don't give me the calories don't matter. Go eat 5700 calories of nothing but butter, steak and bacon and yes, you will gain weight.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:56 AM   #16
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Not false. Yes, you do need carbs for energy and you will have a weaker workout if you don't eat enough, but if you eat too many carbs, your body will produce more fat. One of the most important aspects to weight lifters diets is not eating too many carbs, and eating the right carbs.

http://www.completehumanperformance....-muscle-carbs/

Its also better to eat slow-digesting carbs such as beans, whole-grain breads, pastas, oatmeal, brown rice, etc. over fast digesting carbs for the amount of carbs that you do need (the exceptions being first thing in the morning and immediately post workout).

There are 3 macronutrients in our diets (Carbs, proteins, and fats). A carbohydrate is an organic compound occurring in foods and living tissues and include sugars, starch, and cellulose. So to say carbs don't make people fat is simply not true, especially considering some carbohydrates are absolutely LOADED with calories. Sure, its technically the calories (or the amount of energy) contained within the carbohydrate that actually makes you fat, but that is just being ridiculously technical. You eat too many carbs and you will get fat, period. Your basically making it seem like calories are completely separate from carbohydrates, proteins and fat. A calorie is simply a unit of energy and all fats, proteins and carbs contain calories.

Too many carbs (from the calories/energy contained within) will absolutely and without question make people fat so again to make a blanket statement like "carbs don't make people fat" is just completely 100% not true. Same can be said for "Protein doesn't make people fat" and "Fat, doesn't make people fat". Again, a calorie is just a unit of energy, one used to quantify the amount of energy contained within fats, proteins and carbs. Its not some separate macronutrient of food that is responsible for making people fat.
So basically, you just agreed with me in a longer version for some reason. You say eating to many carbs makes you fat? Yes because to many carbs = to many calories. I said that. Just as to much protein or to much fat does the same thing. Can one lose weight eating 80% carbs, 10% protein, and 10% fat? Yes, as long as you don't bust your calorie limit. You also won't have the amino acids protein provides to maintain muscle mass. Not enough fat? Enjoy horomone production being thrown out of wack, and if cut to much, vital organs start to suffer, as do joints. If a man at 20% body fat cuts out carbs completely, he'll lose weight fast. As he would if he cut out fat completely. Because you severely limit calories. Both also have long term health effects. They are unattainable long term results. Bodybuilders and fitness models cut calories before the stage or photo shoots because cutting sugar production causes water weight retention to alter. It gives that dry look. But there is a reason these guys don't stay at 5% bodyfat. It's unhealthy. The fitness models like Steve Cook, Ryan Hughes, etc etc, they typically stay around 8 to 10% so at given notice they can cut to 5% within a few weeks to get ready for a shoot.

I never said you can't lose weight cutting carbs. I said you don't build muscle cutting carbs. You use carbs to energize workouts and push limits to get results. You cut carbs, and fat, and calories in general to lose the inevitable fat that comes with muscle gain. Genetics determine what ratio of muscle to fat comes with weight gain, as genetics determine how someone's body reacts to sugar intake.

So my initial statement was referring to someone that stays around 10% bodyfat, gains weight to add muscle and the. Wants to cut the negative weight back down to 10%.

Not an average Joe who is sitting at 17+ percent bodyfat.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:01 PM   #17
Thor57
Teen Titans

I missed part of your statement.

Some carbs aren't loaded with calories while others aren't. That's untrue. A carbohydrate = 4 calories. Period. It's when other macros or ingrediants are added to cause calories to jump. A sweet potato is primarily carbs. A donut, or french fries, are carbs on top of fat and added sugar. That's why those are gut busters. So a carb itself is equal. It's 4 calories.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #18
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

The Green Lantern Diet thread

The Green Lantern Diet thread
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #19
strife87
Spider-Ham

This is the buffest thread I've come across on the forum yet, just reading it added thirty lbs to my deadlift. Thanks guys!
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #20
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I drink Badger Milk during my workout and eat salads for dinner (grilled chicken, spinach, corn, carrots, cucumbers, no dressing).
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote