dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #493
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
I think the eyes are good..

The face and eyes are fine. I saw someone else compare this statue to another action figure, saying the figure was a better likeness. I wanted to ask if he needed glasses but thought better of it not to start a facebook war.

If you put this portrait next to a picture of Sly from First Blood part II is pretty amazing how accurate it is.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #494
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siroco View Post
There are four errors:
-Hair
-Iris
-Hand
-Arrow
He has a Big Iris
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #495
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

The below is a perfect example of how human perception skews things.

Here is a post saying the Iris is too large. This poster feels strongly enough to post a photoshop showing how it 'should' be

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkvsmark7 View Post
the iris is too large, should shrink it a little.
and should thin the hair at the back of the neck.

Then below is an actual image of Stallone showing that he has massive iris. Factually. It looks weird BUT its real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
I think the eyes are good..

As a professional designer/sculptor for almost 30 years Ive found that everyone SEES DIFFERENTLY

Here is a link about how we see colors differently, but it also applies to things like facial features. Different peoples brains will emphasize different features

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/do-you-see-what-i-see

If we could compare a scan of Stallone to every sculpture out there I would bet ours is the best likeness.

PS no offense to the poster of the Pshop. It was just a perfect example of an issue all artists run into.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #496
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The face and eyes are fine. I saw someone else compare this statue to another action figure, saying the figure was a better likeness. I wanted to ask if he needed glasses but thought better of it not to start a facebook war.

If you put this portrait next to a picture of Sly from First Blood part II is pretty amazing how accurate it is.
People are funny.

Im in a private car forum and I see all sorts of unskilled people arguing with established professionals and can only roll my eyes.

Recently I watched someone who wasnt a cardiologist trying to argue cardiology with an established surgeon.

Same thing here.I just cant pay attention to anyone so ludicrous as to compare this sculpture with the NECA action figure. May as well be ranting about how the Earth is flat.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #497
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
People are funny.

Im in a private car forum and I see all sorts of unskilled people arguing with established professionals and can only roll my eyes.

Recently I watched someone who wasnt a cardiologist trying to argue cardiology with an established surgeon.

Same thing here.I just cant pay attention to anyone so ludicrous as to compare this sculpture with the NECA action figure. May as well be ranting about how the Earth is flat.
And you have people arguing that now too. Jerry, just keep on trucking along. You're doing absolutely fine. This sculpt is an accomplishment and you should enjoy it for a while.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #498
addic
The X-Men

I am still wondering why you decided to sculpt his hand this way and not upside down?! Any specific reason?
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #499
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I am still wondering why you decided to sculpt his hand this way and not upside down?! Any specific reason?
I didnt sculpt his body. Just his face.

From what I understand from the Art Director he is in process of notching the bow, not firing it. And the palm is down when you notch it. Ive seen images that support that.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #500
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Because he's docking the arrow onto the bow, not getting ready to pull the arrow back. To place the arrow on the dock on the bow his hand couldn't be upside-down yet, you wouldn't transition your hand until you were ready to pull back the bow. If you look, the arrow hasn't even hit the string yet either. He's sliding it into place.