Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-12-2024, 12:47 AM   #31
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I know it sucks, but if I'm gonna watch all the episodes, I may as well watch the movie too. Plus, I've never been fond of the animation, but I know that improves after season 1, so watching the earlier movie may help me appreciate it more when it happens.

What order are you watching?

I'm leaning heavily into chronological.

I would NEVER recommend anyone watch the Skywalker saga chronologically, but that's only six movies (yes, I said it). Clone Wars being as large as it is, with varied stories and timelines, combined with how poorly I've read that they explained the time jumps while they were in the process, leads me to believe chronological is by far the best method.
I watched based on whatever the order was on Disney+.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 01:56 AM   #32
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I know it sucks, but if I'm gonna watch all the episodes, I may as well watch the movie too. Plus, I've never been fond of the animation, but I know that improves after season 1, so watching the earlier movie may help me appreciate it more when it happens.

What order are you watching?

I'm leaning heavily into chronological.

I would NEVER recommend anyone watch the Skywalker saga chronologically, but that's only six movies (yes, I said it). Clone Wars being as large as it is, with varied stories and timelines, combined with how poorly I've read that they explained the time jumps while they were in the process, leads me to believe chronological is by far the best method.
Only 3 movies and a few leftover, underdeveloped, reversed, and abandoned ideas.

Apparently Disney's order is how they aired. I've only watched the movie and through most of season 3. IF the series gets better then I'd prefer to have what I've seen already over with if their order factors in. Plus why not watch it like the whole world did?
https://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-wa...wars-in-order/
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 02:56 AM   #33
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Only 3 movies and a few leftover, underdeveloped, reversed, and abandoned ideas.

Apparently Disney's order is how they aired. I've only watched the movie and through most of season 3. IF the series gets better then I'd prefer to have what I've seen already over with if their order factors in. Plus why not watch it like the whole world did?
https://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-wa...wars-in-order/
And you have no complaints about the order/continuity you have watched them in?
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 03:32 AM   #34
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
And you have no complaints about the order/continuity you have watched them in?
No. I will add that I view all of Clone Wars (as well as the other shows cartoon or live action) as filler material so that and a firm grasp of the movies is where I'm coming from.

Looking over that episode list though I can see where especially later on it could be worth watching them in story order. Maybe they were just scrambled due to production delays.

So far what I've watched was a chore but I thought what I watched of Rebels was too.
It is just SO much stuff crammed in between the movies that it becomes absurd from the movie perspective.

Everyone says the Clone stuff is really good which I hope to restart one day. The Clone squad was my favorite part of what I have watched.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:48 AM   #35
SONICobra
Batman

well i hope you dig it man, there are definitely plenty of kid friendly filler episodes sprinkled throughout the series especially in the earlier seasons. if you can stick it out i think you will find yourself rewarded in the end as the overall series is awesome. there are some really great moments and you really see how close obi wan and anakin were which gives the events of ROTS so much more gravity

as far as the movie and viewing order goes just go chronological and get the movie out of the way first, i think it is first anyway. it does in fact suck (coming from someone who loves CW) the animation is not very good, ahsoka is annoying and its just pretty meh
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:01 PM   #36
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
No. I will add that I view all of Clone Wars (as well as the other shows cartoon or live action) as filler material so that and a firm grasp of the movies is where I'm coming from.
Gotcha.

I'm an obsessive Star Wars fan, but that doesn't mean I absolutely LOVE the movies. I mean, I doooo love the OT, and I like the PT (for the lightsabers and world building), but I don't exactly hold the movies as sacred. I love the universe that Lucas created, more than anything. That's why I have no problem accepting what I like and discarding the rest. Disney's canon no longer means anything to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well i hope you dig it man, there are definitely plenty of kid friendly filler episodes sprinkled throughout the series especially in the earlier seasons. if you can stick it out i think you will find yourself rewarded in the end as the overall series is awesome. there are some really great moments and you really see how close obi wan and anakin were which gives the events of ROTS so much more gravity

as far as the movie and viewing order goes just go chronological and get the movie out of the way first, i think it is first anyway. it does in fact suck (coming from someone who loves CW) the animation is not very good, ahsoka is annoying and its just pretty meh
You're recommending chronological, but you watched it in release order, right? You watched it as it aired?

Also, you should have corrected me earlier regarding the sabers. I'll see for myself shortly, but I think the toothpicks I despise are just in Rebels, so I'm thinking I don't have much problem with them in CW. However, I did always avoid CW because of the art style. I saw some stills from later in the series, and it looked alright, so maybe I'll get used to it.

And I don't know what I was ever thinking regarding Windu. For some reason, I never realized I'd be missing potentially cool stuff from him in CW. All I ever thought of was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:48 PM   #37
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Gotcha.

I'm an obsessive Star Wars fan, but that doesn't mean I absolutely LOVE the movies. I mean, I doooo love the OT, and I like the PT (for the lightsabers and world building), but I don't exactly hold the movies as sacred. I love the universe that Lucas created, more than anything. That's why I have no problem accepting what I like and discarding the rest. Disney's canon no longer means anything to me.

And I don't know what I was ever thinking regarding Windu. For some reason, I never realized I'd be missing potentially cool stuff from him in CW. All I ever thought of was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul.

You've surely watched the Tartakovsky 2003 Clone Wars shorts?
Old 01-13-2024, 12:00 AM   #38
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
You've surely watched the Tartakovsky 2003 Clone Wars shorts?
Yup.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:04 AM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Yup.
Mace is a lotta fun in that.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:41 AM   #40
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Mace is a lotta fun in that.
So is Grevious, he's actually intimidating and a badass!
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote