Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #41
COI

I realize this is going to make people happy, but I'm baffled at Sideshow's choices. There are soooo many freaking DC characters they need to get to, inlcuding core JLA members like the Flash, but we're once again getting a character that has already been done. SSAlex even said this once in response to someone asking about a new GL, and yet here we are. At this rate, because of all the variants and character re-treads, Sideshow will either lose the DC license, or average PF prices will be $600+ before we even get a core Justice Leage set and a number of other A-list DC characters.

This will fall on deaf ears, given the hate the first GL gets, but I just don't get the rationale of doing a second GL before the Flash, or a host of others. At the very least, there are other Green Lanterns to choose from. The Marvel comiquette and PF lines are rife with incomplete sets and glaring omissions precisely because of this kind of decision making.

Oh well. Congrats to those who were looking for a GL. And for the record, this isn't sour grapes, and I'm more than happy to have two GLs in my collection, I just don't want another Magneto type situation were we have to wait a decade for an A-Lister.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #42
SuperJ300
Zot

I almost gave up on getting a JLA with out a proper scale GL. This has put me back in the game again!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #43
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
I think it said in the video the lantern is the EX.
Well damn. Missed opportunity.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #44
federico
A day without sunshine is like... night.

is this Ryan? LOL
federico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #45
decoyoctopus10
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I realize this is going to make people happy, but I'm baffled at Sideshow's choices. There are soooo many freaking DC characters they need to get to, inlcuding core JLA members like the Flash, but we're once again getting a character that has already been done. SSAlex even said this once in response to someone asking about a new GL, and yet here we are. At this rate, because of all the variants and character re-treads, Sideshow will either lose the DC license, or average PF prices will be $600+ before we even get a core Justice Leage set and a number of other A-list DC characters.

This will fall on deaf ears, given the hate the first GL gets, but I just don't get the rationale of doing a second GL before the Flash, or a host of others. At the very least, there are other Green Lanterns to choose from.

Oh well. Congrats to those who were looking for a GL. And for the record, this isn't sour grapes, and I'm more than happy to have two GLs in my collection, I just don't want another Magneto type situation were we have to wait a decade for an A-Lister.
Although, I really love the look of this and will definitely be preordering, you speak the truth. Look at companies like Prime 1. Fairly recently they've obtained the DC license and they already have a whole roster lined up either with or without pictures/protos.
decoyoctopus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #46
Warpath
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I like the original Sideshow GL better. The new one is certainly nice enough, but I wish they would have spent some GL equity on another ring bearer. I hope this sells well enough to encourage Sideshow to put forth a Stewart, Rayner, Kilowog, Atrocitus, Arkillo, etc.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #47
C-Born
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think this was extremely necessary as a piece to put out. The original GL while nice, was never meant fit in to the JLA team environment. That will go nice with other GL corps world pieces that I'm sure will get made in time, but this new one is strictly a JLA team piece that needed to get made just as essentially as the Flash or Aquaman. I'm sooooooo glad SS didn't disappoint.
C-Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #48
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

HELL YEAH! INSTANT PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #49
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

OR SHOULD I SAY HAL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #50
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Nice. I like the construct fist of the last one, wish they did something like that as the EX for this one.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote