Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

Your right, I forgot to take into consideration the base... if that's the case then these are not the same scale which is puzzling since they both come from the same series... You would think they would do the same scale.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #22
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Your right, I forgot to take into consideration the base... if that's the case then these are not the same scale which is puzzling since they both come from the same series... You would think they would do the same scale.
I used to be worried about things like scale, I got over it though. As long as the pose, sculpting and paint apps rock, then I'm good to go! In truth I'm just glad these guys are making these types of statue.....I just have no need to go to the mainstream companies right now, and even if those mainstream guys were making these figures, they'd either be savagely expensive (GG) or totally whack (SS)......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #23
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
It is the same scale as Dragonborn. Both are 12 inches tall on slightly different sized bases.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 AM   #24
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
He is 1/6 scale. 12" + 4" base = 16".
The Dragonborn, yes. The Breton, however, looks to be on a base that's no more than an inch tall. If that.

Quote:
Yeah, the scale for their various Elder Scrolls lines is all over the place. To my knowledge, the Skyrim, Shrines and Heroes lines are all supposed to be treated as seperate beasts despite belonging to the same franchise. Not a huge deal if scale is unimportant to you.

Personally, I think it provides a nice variety. Everyone has their different tastes, so this allows a wider range of people to find a niche and run with it. Everything so far has been extremely promising, and they've got an incredible amount of material to work with for each of the respective lines.

At the moment, I'll probably just stick with their 1/4th Heroes line based around ESO, simply because I'm certain they'll be making the two others that the line is in reference to. Now if they decide to expand the Skyrim line with other 1/6th statues as well, I'd definitely have to dig into it. I think it would be awesome if they used the in-game character models that can be found on the loading screens of the game. There's a lot of possibility there, ranging from the different races/factions/creatures etc. As JSeals mentioned above, anything involving Daedra, particularly the armor, would warrant an immediate purchase from me. If I remember correctly, there was a character model wearing Daedric Armor on one of those loading screens.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #25
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
The Dragonborn, yes. The Breton, however, looks to be on a base that's no more than an inch tall. If that.:
Actually that image that you're looking at isn't the full base size: http://www.gamingheads.com/images/st...ertical_03.jpg
Old 06-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #26
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Actually that image that you're looking at isn't the full base size: http://www.gamingheads.com/images/st...ertical_03.jpg
Ah, well I stand corrected. I see that a few of the other pictures (just barely) show that second tier as well. Why it's so obscured in the photos, I don't know.

I do, however, stand by my original sentiment in that these two are not in the same scale, even with an additional .5"-1" of base.

Unless of course there's more to that base that they're not showing. In which case, I'd happily welcome the idea that the two could be displayed together at 1/6th scale.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #27
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Ah, well I stand corrected. I see that a few of the other pictures (just barely) show that second tier as well. Why it's so obscured in the photos, I don't know.

I do, however, stand by my original sentiment in that these two are not in the same scale, even with an additional .5"-1" of base.

Unless of course there's more to that base that they're not showing. In which case, I'd happily welcome the idea that the two could be displayed together at 1/6th scale.
Great news! The page has been updated with the scale (1/6) and 3 full images of the base: http://www.gamingheads.com/images/st...izontal_27.jpg - looks awesome!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:24 AM   #28
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Yeah, they apparently did after I asked the scale question on facebook Now we can close that debate
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #29
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Great news! The page has been updated with the scale (1/6) and 3 full images of the base: http://www.gamingheads.com/images/st...izontal_27.jpg - looks awesome!
Awesome news, thanks!

That debate was starting to run circles; glad it's all been cleared up.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #30
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

...being always right is such a burden!
Imho, too costly for 1/6 considering that their 1/4 Garrus is just a 20$ more, if they produced at least 1/5 pieces I'd consider them to pair up with the Diablo Overthrown. Also, if they only used Morrowind's art, still the best chapter in the saga imho. I'd really throw my cash away for Morrowind pieces.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote