Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #71
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

It’s weird how some items are a awesome deal, but others even in the same line are msrp. Oh well figured it was too good to be true at that price.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #72
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
It's all lies and tricks.

I went online and reserved Maggie, Michonne and a Chronicle Terror Dog and Some animated Marvel Babies. I went done to the store I reserved them at and the Manager came out and would not honor the online prices. She said Game Stop told her not to honor the online prices and they were mistakes on the website and prices were for shipping only. She then went on and tries to convince me that the half price the store was offering was still a good discount. You know where I told her to stick her half price sale!! BS Hack company.
I was told the same thing on my Moxxi. They said they will not "price match" the online prices, but when I asked for a manager she suddenly said, oh, I guess that is ringing up at the 50% price. It's all a bunch of crap and they totally do either lie or are just that ignorant of their own policies/sales. I say notify corporate as well, and make them scan the stuff. What's the point of being able to reserve it for pickup if it's a different price? That's bulls***. My understanding is that each store is held only to their sales quota and the district managers don't care if they have to lie or cheat to meet it, which breeds underhanded tactics.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #73
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I was told the same thing on my Moxxi. They said they will not "price match" the online prices, but when I asked for a manager she suddenly said, oh, I guess that is ringing up at the 50% price. It's all a bunch of crap and they totally do either lie or are just that ignorant of their own policies/sales. I say notify corporate as well, and make them scan the stuff. What's the point of being able to reserve it for pickup if it's a different price? That's bulls***. My understanding is that each store is held only to their sales quota and the district managers don't care if they have to lie or cheat to meet it, which breeds underhanded tactics.
It is bull---- and the store pick-up option is more or less broken without them honoring online prices. I do believe I understand the discrepancy, which I don't find is an employee/manager issue.

Online, collectibles randomly fluctuate (more than often drop) in price after sitting in stock for an extended period, whereas in the store, they're are only discounted from MSRP during actual sales. A permanent price drop isn't detected online as a discount, so you can "stack" that 50% off or BOGO offer on top of that lowered price on the website. If they scan the item at the store, it just scans the MSRP sticker and takes off 50% for the promotion.

The employees have no awareness of online prices and their pricing on games and systems is all automated via their computer reference, from which I think they even print the yellow price stickers from. I always thought it weird most of my local malls have multiple Gamestops without their managers competing for sales, but there's no way for them to do so on a pricing level.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #74
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
There's no way they don't know the prices bc as UnicornPegasus experienced, the price was $50 on Mad Moxxi as soon as the Manager actually scanned the item.

This is different from Barnes & Noble, where stores truly don't match their own website. However, their website makes it clear that if you use the Reserve for Pickup option, you have to pay the store price, not the online price.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #75
Gothamite
Phoenix

Wow, GameStop ended their sale early! It had been extended until 12/11 (tomorrow), but there's no more 50% Clearance prices as of today.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #76
Gothamite
Phoenix

B1G1 Free on Clearance items is live again.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #77
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just a heads up that the current B1G1 Free promo ends on Saturday, 01/06.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #78
Gothamite
Phoenix

Icon Heroes Justice League Aquaman has dropped from $60 to $30.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectible...-statue/151855

Old 03-20-2018, 03:11 AM   #79
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Clearance collectibles are now an additional 30% off! Post-discount prices are reflected on their website, but in-store stickers are still the pre-30% discount prices, though there is a 30% off sign in the clearance section. According to the sign, the sale goes until April 28, but the store associate let me know that GameStop has a history of suddenly stopping sales before their supposed end date, as we saw with their B1G1 sale a few months back.

Their online inventory search has also recently been made even more limited, so I'd say best way to snag a deal this time around is to go to your local GameStops and see what they have.

Also, I've been lurking here for ages, but this is my first post. Yay!
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:49 AM   #80
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

thanks for the heads up, Paul! And congrats on your first post. Glad it was an informative one.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote