Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #1031
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Got mine today, only to find a swash of black paint on her right chest, and a lazy left eye on the EX head (the photo makes it look better than it is). At almost $1000 Canadian all said and done (shipping, exchange, taxes, duties...) I’m a bit disheartened. She’s otherwise fantastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04992CA1-DC4C-4966-94E6-45BFFCE3A753.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	127328   Click image for larger version

Name:	08C996BE-2395-4CE3-B655-610877DC7219.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	127329  
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #1032
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Got mine today, only to find a swash of black paint on her right chest, and a lazy left eye on the EX head (the photo makes it look better than it is). At almost $1000 Canadian all said and done (shipping, exchange, taxes, duties...) I’m a bit disheartened. She’s otherwise fantastic.
I know that feeling all too well. Talk to Sideshow and see what they can do for you.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:14 AM   #1033
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I've noticed the eye shadow paints going into the white of her pupils in some statues. Bothers me more than others I think. Overall this looks like a success.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #1034
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Eye's look good to me. The left is slightly in, but works well. If it was slightly out in the opposite direction, then it would look off.

Given the black paint mark, they'll probably do a full piece swap and send yours out to someone else.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #1035
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Quote:
All have eye like that. And that swash is just nothing I would bother. But you can ask for replace (SSC just increase the price of future statues to cover those kind of negligible replaces : D )
Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #1036
ebonreaver
Doh!

I’m very happy with mine, paint apps, sculpt, overall everything looks spot on. My only nitpick is the whip, as a Premium Format I would have been overjoyed to have a proper braided whip with a wire inside. Current one looks a bit low rent, screams NECA accessory. Oh well gives me a way to customize when the weather takes a dump on me this winter.
ebonreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #1037
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottaker View Post
All have eye like that.
Really?
I haven't Catwoman but this looks not ok for me.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #1038
Milo
Doh!

Hello everybody !

It's my first post. I have been on this forum for over a year. It improved my english ^^ (hmm, I hope XDD )

After a year, I chose my first Premium Format <3
I fell in love with this Catwoman, and I'm happy that the prod version is close to the prototype. For a first 1/4 statue, I could not choose better
Here are my pictures !
I hope I have taken quality pictures to show you the beauty (and flaws : slightly, on the right leg and right arm ) of this statue. For me, it's almost perfect !!
(PS : how to resize pictures, please ? )

Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #1039
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
Hello everybody !

It's my first post. I have been on this forum for over a year. It improved my english ^^ (hmm, I hope XDD )

After a year, I chose my first Premium Format <3
I fell in love with this Catwoman, and I'm happy that the prod version is close to the prototype. For a first 1/4 statue, I could not choose better
Here are my pictures !
I hope I have taken quality pictures to show you the beauty (and flaws : slightly, on the right leg and right arm ) of this statue. For me, it's almost perfect !!
(PS : how to resize pictures, please ? )

Nice photo's.

My Catwoman EX PF has minor flaws on the lower left leg - there are a number of granules giving a rough finish. I haven't been in contact with Sideshow as they might replace it with a Catwoman with other defects.

As high as Sideshow prices are, they are not XM Studios high. I have accepted Sideshow's levels of QC. My Red Sonja has armpit rough patch. Psylocke fails to fully insert into the base. X-23 had spots on black paint on the body where they shouldn't be.

The only time i do contact Sideshow over QC issues is when it comes to dodgy eyes, and Poison Ivy, Rogue, Suicide Squad Harely Quinn were all replaced.

All in all, Catwoman turned out amazing!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #1040
Milo
Doh!

Thank you ^^

The slight defects on the leg and the arm do not bother me. We do not see them, it's in the back. Glad to not have googly eyes, or other problems, it would be annoying for me to replace. I live on an island in the Indian Ocean ...

the slight paint defects do not bother me, but it is true that at a certain price, the quality control must be higher! Prime 1 and XM must have almost no problem. And, for 500$ (min) statues, I don't forgive googly eyes, or bad paint !

Fortunately here, (Domino and Cable too), the statues are great !

EDIT : I forgot a picture : New Collection PremUIm Format : (If the second wave is changed, our bases will really be "collectors" )

Milo is offline   Reply With Quote