Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #111
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
There is nothing fabric looking sculpture comes better than fabric itself.
His pants in the movie aren't fabric. He's not diving through the depths of the ocean in cotton leggings. And I disagree with your statement completely. Take a look at any of the amazing Prime 1 pieces who sculpt fabric so well it tricks the mind of many people who think it's fabric when it isn't. See the movie Harley Quinn piece. Or the suit on the DKR Batman, etc. There's countless examples.

Anyways, you enjoy your fabric. I hope it's every bit as fabulous as you think it will be.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #112
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I loved the look of this piece until you said he had fabric pants.
Yup, exactly. Totally thought his pants was going to be fully sculpted, too.

With the way his fabric pants look right now, it could've been sculpted and still look the same.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #113
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Fabric pants and boots brought this piece down a notch imo. I'm just not a fan of fabric material being used on statues. I don't mind too much with fabric/mixed media being used on capes though as long as it's done well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree. Big turnoff with the fabric pants. These days, I lean towards statues with a full sculpt (although I know most capes are fabric which I reluctantly accept).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
fabric pants and boots? they gotta be kidding...wth is wrong with Sideshow???

That makes absolutely no sense

#saynotofabric !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I thought his pants were like the recent Cap PF, his pants look “fabricy” but are sculpted. Too bad Aquaman isn’t the same.

Yea, I don't really understanding their thinking here. SSC could've easily made his pants and boots fully sculpted.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #114
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
There is nothing fabric looking sculpture comes better than fabric itself.
Not true anymore. You’re still thinking of statues done 5+ years ago. Things have come a long way since that time. Look at the sculpt on pieces like the P1 DKR and the sculpted fabric looks better than what the real fabric would have looked like. I’ve had people swear it was real fabric and touch it to be sure. The difference is if they had used real fabric, the creases presented in the statue would not have been there and would not look as good as the sculpted version. Same goes for something like the upcoming P1 DK3 MR statue.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #115
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
His pants in the movie aren't fabric. He's not diving through the depths of the ocean in cotton leggings. And I disagree with your statement completely. Take a look at any of the amazing Prime 1 pieces who sculpt fabric so well it tricks the mind of many people who think it's fabric when it isn't. See the movie Harley Quinn piece. Or the suit on the DKR Batman, etc. There's countless examples.

Anyways, you enjoy your fabric. I hope it's every bit as fabulous as you think it will be.
They are all one three scale piece.One four scale can not do this unless more cost used on it.
prototypy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #116
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, exactly. Totally thought his pants was going to be fully sculpted, too.

With the way his fabric pants look right now, it could've been sculpted and still look the same.
Exactly!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #117
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
They are all one three scale piece.One four scale can not do this unless more cost is engaged.

Ahh, so large pieces can accomplish this but one scale smaller cannot? LOL, are you a troll? Or, do you really believe this nonsense?

Look at the new comic Harley Quinn or the new Thor, both of which have insanely awesome sculpted body suits that perfectly replicate fabric and leather. And no, I'm not referring to Thor's cape. Or how about the lightly armored look that Daredevil and Elektra have, which again, is full sculpt? How about the new Catwoman? What about the absolutely perfect new Punisher piece that is beyond detailed? What about the Rebel Terminator? I could go on, but I'm sure you'll find some random reason to tell me I'm wrong.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #118
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Ahh, so large pieces can accomplish this but one scale smaller cannot? LOL, are you a troll? Or, do you really believe this nonsense?

Look at the new comic Harley Quinn or the new Thor, both of which have insanely awesome sculpted body suits that perfectly replicate fabric and leather. And no, I'm not referring to Thor's cape. Or how about the lightly armored look that Daredevil and Elektra have, which again, is full sculpt? How about the new Catwoman? I could go on, but I'm sure you'll find some random reason to tell me I'm wrong.
You know nothing about the meaning of detail and texture.There is no need to continue the conversation with you.
prototypy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #119
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

And we're done here.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #120
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I like it but my issue is I have the P1 Ultimate Wonder Women and the Justice League Superman on pre-order. P1's 1/3rd Aquaman would really go well with those two. It's def more money but if I can compliment statues I'm already on the hook for I need to go that route. Other than that i really like it.
Prime 1 Ultimate Wonder Woman?
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote