Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF DGK Diamond Select Deadpool Statue DGK Oniri Creations Cobra Statue Coming Soon CS Moore Interview Bits:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 10:21 PM   #331
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
About a couple of years ago. ;-)

DC DESIGNER SERIES SUPERMAN BY NEAL ADAMS STATUE.
Honestly, itís not that great a statue when you see it in person, imho.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:28 PM   #332
Mister H
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 3,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Honestly, itís not that great a statue when you see it in person, imho.
Agreed. Sort of like a stationary action figure.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #333
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Classic Blade would be an instant purchase for me as well. Always found it odd BD never tackled him.
Same. Randyís little tribute to Gene Colan on his Dracula statue led me to think Classic Blade would have been on his list.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:14 AM   #334
Philintheblank
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Philintheblank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ________
Posts: 1,639
Pretty cool Q and A with RB from the Shifflett Brothers' Sculpting Forum.

https://www.facebook.com/randy.bowen...zMTQ2/?__xts__
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #335
Blindzider
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Pretty cool Q and A with RB from the Shifflett Brothers' Sculpting Forum.

https://www.facebook.com/randy.bowen...zMTQ2/?__xts__
Very cool to see his new place. Lots of neat stuff in there.

I've been holding out hope these last few years that he's coming back (to sculpt Marvel statues) but after watching this, I don't think it's going to happen.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #336
Philintheblank
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Philintheblank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ________
Posts: 1,639
Yeah...I think he'll be back in some capacity, but it looks like the days of a BD-esque Marvel line might be over. Amazing run, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #337
joefixit2
Doctor Doom
 
joefixit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: we know each other, he's a friend from work
Posts: 16,018
1/4 scale Planet Hulk from Randy would be incredible.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #338
The SHOGUN
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Very cool to see his new place. Lots of neat stuff in there.

I've been holding out hope these last few years that he's coming back (to sculpt Marvel statues) but after watching this, I don't think it's going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah...I think he'll be back in some capacity, but it looks like the days of a BD-esque Marvel line might be over. Amazing run, though.
I tried to watch the video but was taken away by work.

Why are you guys saying the marvel days are done. Did he say anything specific. I missed that part.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #339
Blindzider
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I tried to watch the video but was taken away by work.

Why are you guys saying the marvel days are done. Did he say anything specific. I missed that part.
For me, it's nothing definitive, just "reading between the lines".

After watching this video, it just seemed he was very happy with having the freedom to sculpt whenever he wanted and whatever he wanted. I suspect the "grind" of running that business again just isn't appealing (at least right now.)

There was just something about watching that video that gave me that impression. However, he's a shrewd businessman and likes to mess with the collectors sometimes. If he does come back to Marvel stuff, I'm not sure it'll be quite the same as before, but I hope I'm wrong. It's a vastly different industry (larger scales, more competition, factories seem to be full, tariffs, etc.), but that 1/6 Marvel market is just sitting there waiting for someone to fill that need/desire by collectors.

Again, all supposition on my part.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #340
The SHOGUN
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
For me, it's nothing definitive, just "reading between the lines".

After watching this video, it just seemed he was very happy with having the freedom to sculpt whenever he wanted and whatever he wanted. I suspect the "grind" of running that business again just isn't appealing (at least right now.)

There was just something about watching that video that gave me that impression. However, he's a shrewd businessman and likes to mess with the collectors sometimes. If he does come back to Marvel stuff, I'm not sure it'll be quite the same as before, but I hope I'm wrong. It's a vastly different industry (larger scales, more competition, factories seem to be full, tariffs, etc.), but that 1/6 Marvel market is just sitting there waiting for someone to fill that need/desire by collectors.

Again, all supposition on my part.
I agree on all accounts. The industry is an entirely new ballgame. Crazy how much itís changed since the BD was in full swing.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com