Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #221
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

True, unless I see a low stock indicator I'm not going to pre order anything that comes out 2-3 years from now. I only PO items now that come out the same year. I don't care for payment plans either as I usually can just pay it all off when it's released.

Anyways this is an awesome statue and I think getting the Deluxe is worth the extra 200. Some custom portraits go for 200 in the aftermarket and you get a variety of switch outs is worth it to me imo. I like how on this statue they made the cape more fluid and realistic compared to on the dkr, the cape is flat and looks like a board. I do like the DKR one a A bit more though overall, wish they made a blue variant version like in the comics. I have new52 Batman and Hush Batman on PO atm not sure if I need another Batman as I heard Prime 1 is going to make a Armored Batman DKR statue. Probably going to get the Batman on motorcycle too. I'm just batmand the hell out. I want some Robin's and more bat family characters to be made as well as villains.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #222
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't see any reason to order with it being a TBD ES, unless you want to do payment plans.

Great statue, but paying $1k - $1.1k for a gigantic statue with no set ES. Are you kidding me? Prime 1 is smoking that crazy stuff.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #223
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

There are many reasons to wait:
  1. Wait for a potential deal
  2. Wait for ES to be set
  3. Wait to avoid having to pay an NRD right now
  4. Wait until it is closer to release date
  5. Wait for a different statue to be revealed to choose which you like best (Batman being a perfect example, since P1 releases a new Batman every month)

Honestly, why does it matter? I don't see people jumping on others who PO day 1, so why do people have to concern themselves with why some people choose to wait?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #224
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
There are many reasons to wait:
  1. Wait for a potential deal
  2. Wait for ES to be set
  3. Wait to avoid having to pay an NRD right now
  4. Wait until it is closer to release date
  5. Wait for a different statue to be revealed to choose which you like best (Batman being a perfect example, since P1 releases a new Batman every month)

Honestly, why does it matter? I don't see people jumping on others who PO day 1, so why do people have to concern themselves with why some people choose to wait?
#5 is so true lol. This comes out in 2020.

And more likely late 2020 or early 2021 with all the delays. Prime 1 will reveal at least 15 more Batman statues before it even ships.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #225
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
I don't see any reason to order with it being a TBD ES, unless you want to do payment plans.

Great statue, but paying $1k - $1.1k for a gigantic statue with no set ES. Are you kidding me? Prime 1 is smoking that crazy stuff.
As long as the statue is awesome, which this is, it shouldn't matter too much if there's no set ES at the beginning of the PO stage. Almost all the Legendary Scale Statue stuff from SS has no set ES either and those statues go for a minimum of $2k.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #226
aa909
The Green Hornet

I personally don't PO anymore unless it's an absolute must have... in other words ordered!

IMO the Deluxe version will sell out as soon as they announce the ES.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #227
nearmint
Phoenix

For this to fit in my house, I would merely need to ask one of my family members to move out.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #228
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
For this to fit in my house, I would merely need to ask one of my family members to move out.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #229
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
You're the head of your household! Show them who's boss!!!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #230
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
As long as the statue is awesome, which this is, it shouldn't matter too much if there's no set ES at the beginning of the PO stage. Almost all the Legendary Scale Statue stuff from SS has no set ES either and those statues go for a minimum of $2k.
Sideshow doesn't intend for those 1/2 and 1/1 scale pieces to sell out right away. They're likely targeted to wealthy casuals that are not the typical collectors found here. They may stumble into SS for their first time, be wowed, and buy some decor for their spare rooms. They're also likely not concerned about resale value.

The problem is when the traditional "collectible" category, targeted at the median collector, shifts into this TBD shenanigans, ignoring the fact that scarcity is what made them desirable in the first place.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote