Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 10-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #1451
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
What happened to Prototypez’s website? It’s been down since yesterday.
Message from Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B33B33D0-9B11-463A-9B9B-C96EE10CE3E7.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	117820  
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #1452
BobHarris
Doh!

Hi! First poster here.
I really like this portrayal of Akuma. Too bad I knew about it long after you could pre-order it...I will be keeping an eye on Ebay.

But I did notice something that seemed a bit off when looking at this statue on Youtube. The face seems to contain a lot more shadow effects than on the torso. Can somebody confirm this? I don't think it will be noticable when placing the statue somewhere a bit darker so the muscles create their own shadows.

Anyways I still love the design and prefer it over PCS. The 1/6th statue would look great behind my 1/8th Ryu and Alex (Embrace Japan), towering over them.. like the early artwork of Akuma vs Ryu.
BobHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #1453
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHarris View Post
Hi! First poster here.
I really like this portrayal of Akuma. Too bad I knew about it long after you could pre-order it...I will be keeping an eye on Ebay.

But I did notice something that seemed a bit off when looking at this statue on Youtube. The face seems to contain a lot more shadow effects than on the torso. Can somebody confirm this? I don't think it will be noticable when placing the statue somewhere a bit darker so the muscles create their own shadows.

Anyways I still love the design and prefer it over PCS. The 1/6th statue would look great behind my 1/8th Ryu and Alex (Embrace Japan), towering over them.. like the early artwork of Akuma vs Ryu.
Send them an email, there might still be some 1/6 available.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #1454
BobHarris
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash421 View Post
Send them an email, there might still be some 1/6 available.
When the site was still online, there was a pre-order option for 1/6 regular Akuma. Pretty odd, so I asked them about it in an email to their sales address,..havent heard back yet, but I'm sure they're very busy at the moment with the new website.

Every variation is on ebay (1/4 1/6 regular/shin) except regular 1/6 Akuma.. But I'm trying to be patient
Old 10-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #1455
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHarris View Post
When the site was still online, there was a pre-order option for 1/6 regular Akuma. Pretty odd, so I asked them about it in an email to their sales address,..havent heard back yet, but I'm sure they're very busy at the moment with the new website.

Every variation is on ebay (1/4 1/6 regular/shin) except regular 1/6 Akuma.. But I'm trying to be patient
Email
Miguel@prototypezstudios.com and ask about the pieces you want. He’ll help you out. Just make sure you include what you’re looking for.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #1456
BobHarris
Doh!

Quote:
Email
Miguel@prototypezstudios.com and ask about the pieces you want. He’ll help you out. Just make sure you include what you’re looking for.
Will do, thanks!
Old 10-10-2018, 05:52 AM   #1457
BobHarris
Doh!

Quote:
Email
Haven't heard back yet from both the email addresses I wrote to, but suddenly the statue popped up on Ebay so I jumped on it. Regular 1/6th Akuma currently seems to be the rarest one, so who knows how long it would take for the figure to appear again. Also I don't think Prototypez had any of these left. Here's hoping Akuma travels safely and unharmed to me and I'll be one happy camper.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #1458
BobHarris
Doh!

Package arrived today..everything looks stunning! Hands down the most bad ass statue in my collection.. and I seem to have snagged the 'last one': 100/100.
The only downside I'd say would be that his exposed upper torso looks so incredibly good that I can't ever imagine myself alternating his look (with the gi on)
Old 10-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #1459
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It is true, hands down. I think the 1/6 is better than 1/4, because of the edition size, the fact that the detail remains the same and that the sculture adapts better to this scale. My only and this is a big concern is that Prototypez looks disorganized. I really start to feel that they will not release all the characters as promissed and this would be awfull. The only reason i jumped on this boat was to have all of them, that is why i always pointed out that was a mistake to release all a players in the beggining. They should have alternated the releases, Ryu, Dhalsim, Chun-li, Sagat, Akuma, something like this
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:54 AM   #1460
BobHarris
Doh!

There are no guarantees in life. It seems very rare that a set gets a complete release. For example Final fantasy VII, one of the most popular games in the world, only got a cheap keychain series as a complete release of all the main characters. All others (kotobukiya, play arts, extra knights etc) are incomplete. So now I do have a complete collection of nice looking figures but in 4 different scales. It's just how it is.

But maybe this series gets a complete line, nobody knows for sure. It's a long term project for sure..as this thread started in 2012! We'll just have to wait and see.

If you release the a players first, then people might be inclined to continue expanding their collection because they already bought all the characters up to a certain point.
I don't think the release strategy matters much..you either want a complete collection or you don't.
If they released Akuma fifth in line it would just have meant a longer wait for me. This scale is way too big for me to consider collecting them all. Also I'm much more into Street fighter III these days than II.

But why say 'The only reason i jumped on this boat was to have all of them'? Even if Prototypez doesn't release all characters.. then what you end up with is still incredible on its own. Akuma is amazing, the best interpretation of him I've ever seen. And so is Ryu.