Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #5021
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Can we talk about how cool the Thanos statue looks again or should I come back in a couple more days and let you guys get whatever this is out of your system?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #5022
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

I've been collecting statues and other things most of my life. Just when I think the bar is too high on an LP on eBay (i collect music as well), and I think, sh!t! I'll never see that again for that price, well eventually it happens and u find something even better down the line. Sideshow and Bowen were basically the main sources of statues back then. It was good for me because Bowen statues were plentiful in Portland being I believe he or the company resided in Milwaukee district, anyways, when Cinemaquette came on the scene things changed. Prices for the statues saw a huge increase, aftermarket prices were unbelievable and still are for those endos, predators, and alien, but fact of the matter is, yes there will always be another statue company down the road to produce a variant of a so-called "grail" and prices will keep going up. Thanos on throne is a great looking piece, awesome display piece, it is what it is. No reason to gripe out it's flaws if you can't do better. Maybe its better some missed out on it, because P1 is definetly raising the bar again, nothing wrong with having both in the collection.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #5023
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
My Judge Dredd Sharkey EX is one of the highest quality statues in my gigantic collection. I've been dying for them to cool off on the Street Fighter stuff (not for me) so I can get back into PCS
Someone pointed me to this comment.

Wait until you see the upcoming Mean Machine
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #5024
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Wow this statue and thread has it all. Excitement and joy, shock and disbelief, even the five stages of grief it seems. And we are just getting started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
lol the amount of crying and salt in this thread is hilarious.
Bla bla bla its sideshow fault for instant sell out on a $1,200 statue. Bla bla bla don't buy the reg cause you almost certainly will get conversion.
Bla bla bla you idiots will receive a hollow and crap paint production
Bla bla bla my WL was canceled even though I was the 700th person on the WL--I STILL HAVE HOPE
Bla bla bla sideshow tactics and strategy to push their collectors edition sales
Bla bla bla only flippers bought the EX and only 20% are actual collectors

I honestly don't know what to say or think, are you guys even taking a step back and realize what you're saying?
At this point I'm not even sure if sideshow is the more desperate one or those that missed out on EX are the more desperate ones....jeezus take a chill pill and buy a bag of gummy worms guys
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #5025
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ssc should bring back the Priority Preorder similar to what PcS does now. At least Jerry got it right. I hate random times preorders especially for limited ES statues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #5026
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Been following this forum for years,never saw
this much chatter following a release of any statue
like this.Wondering if this continues indefinitely or
slowly winds down.
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #5027
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ssc should bring back the Priority Preorder similar to what PcS does now. At least Jerry got it right. I hate random times preorders especially for limited ES statues.
How was it random? It wasn't hard to find out the day and approximate time Thanos was released.

I think most were just caught off guard at how quickly it sold out and are now bitter about it.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #5028
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
How was it random? It wasn't hard to find out the day and approximate time Thanos was released.

I think most were just caught off guard at how quickly it sold out and are now bitter about it.
I didn't know what time it went on sale. At least with PPO and what PCS does now, the time & date was announced a week prior to go live. IMO, that's what ssc should had done.

Now ssc is getting a backlash on this whole fiasco and rightly so they should be.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #5029
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I didn't know what time it went on sale. At least with PPO and what PCS does now, the time & date was announced a week prior to go live. IMO, that's what ssc should had done.

Now ssc is getting a backlash on this whole fiasco and rightly so they should be.
if you've POed ever from sideshow, almost all their statues they state on PO date start around 12PM PST. If you really wanted him, you coulda done some research.

Sideshow is not the only company that does PO at "random times", if you've ever purchased convention exclusives, watches, purses, shoes--- you'll come to find that they do the same, except Sideshow gives you an idea based on their history that they happen around 12:00PM (HINT).
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #5030
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
if you've POed ever from sideshow, almost all their statues they state on PO date start around 12PM PST. If you really wanted him, you coulda done some research.

Sideshow is not the only company that does PO at "random times", if you've ever purchased convention exclusives, watches, purses, shoes--- you'll come to find that they do the same, except Sideshow gives you an idea based on their history that they happen around 12:00PM (HINT).
Not if an item sells out in 10 minute. To say 12pm PST is the standard time for all preorders every week is absurd. There are times it goes up before or after that time. People have to work. Imagine I'm in a board meeting checking my phone every second. I would be fired for that!