Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #231
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I think people are underating this piece. I've been between the XM & IS Spidermans and I keep coming back to this one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone will be disappointed w the difference in style from the two action styles of XMs and IS.
If this statue gives you that tingling feeling go for it! For me personally, I'm not a fan of it. I have the iron studios spiderman and love it. Yes the plastic stairs is a negative but the statue is so dynamic and you don't even really need the stairs anyway. I like the other xm Spiderman, the sideshow pf is awesome and the fan favorite comiquette from sideshow as well. There is just so many choices for Spiderman and this is at the bottom for me.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #232
KELPIE
New Republic

I'm a fan of this one.

I like it better than the IS, XM and leaked P1.

I have a few Spidey statues though so I'm not really desperate for another one. Will wait and see what this one is like on release and then see if I can get it at that time (assuming I still like it).
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 AM   #233
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I grew up reading comics in the 80's and 90's and to me Peter Parker is Spider-Man and Mary Jane is his wife despite the current state of comics. I loved their relationship and I absolutely LOVE this statue! This is the statue that finally made me pull the trigger on my 1st XM piece. I've gotten a couple of others since then but this is my most anticipated statue. Unless something goes terribly wrong with the production piece this will be my personal grail.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #234
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm certainly not bashing any of the other Spidermans. I love them all and wish I get them all. The SS, IS and XM are all amazing and each it's own dynamic action pose like only Spidey can. Which why I think this one is quietly my favorite. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any in person, not the P1 sneak at all, so I have the same pictures to go by for everyone of them. Even the background base is different and I think offers a cool perspective. It's not that it's the Best, it's that I think it's my favorite and i also think it's the one people are sleeping on the most.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #235
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Hey Bernie, yeah I think this one is all about taste. I love the style of it personally, but I am not getting any Spiderman statues, so for me, it is moot.

There are a lot of things to like about this mini dio. I think both Spidey and MJ are sculpted and painted well and I like the idea of the building perspective. The thing with me is, this is more of a standalone statue per se. I don't think it's one that I would put on a shelf with all the other statues in my collection. It's more suited for a like a separate Spiderman section that one would place with different memorabilia.

This is perfectly fine IMO. Not everything has to go with the rest of the statues we buy. Besides, XM has not 1, not 2, but several Spiderman statues coming in the future that can fill that void.

If you like it...buy it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #236
Garentz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
I grew up reading comics in the 80's and 90's and to me Peter Parker is Spider-Man and Mary Jane is his wife despite the current state of comics. I loved their relationship and I absolutely LOVE this statue! This is the statue that finally made me pull the trigger on my 1st XM piece. I've gotten a couple of others since then but this is my most anticipated statue. Unless something goes terribly wrong with the production piece this will be my personal grail.
I agree with your Spiderman vision. I aslo think the same way excepted that i wouldn't say that this statue would be a grail for me.

But i would love to have it in my collection, this is a great piece for sure.
Garentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #237
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

There are a lot of things to like about this mini dio. I think both Spidey and MJ are sculpted and painted well and I like the idea of the building perspective. The thing with me is, this is more of a standalone statue per se. I don't think it's one that I would put on a shelf with all the other statues in my collection. It's more suited for a like a separate Spiderman section that one would place with different memorabilia.
I thought of that too, how it could a Spiderman section centerpiece but I think for my collection, it not being a vs dio makes it stand out.

I feel like Spiderman is singlehandedly going to break me.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:05 AM   #238
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If XM is sticking to the 6 month shipping window from preorder this should be about ready. Hoping it's soon!
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:11 AM   #239
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
If XM is sticking to the 6 month shipping window from preorder this should be about ready. Hoping it's soon!
You never know with XM...i'd like they do a statue with PO and ship dates and sell it as a CON EX
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #240
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I was told December from my supplier and I hope December since I'm still paying for several pre orders and some other miscellaneous statue from eBay.