Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #6601
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
a couple dollars higher than 1200 for the EX ? Im still laughing. This is 10 LEVELS above Magneto on throne sculpt and paint-wise and its on par with Doom on throne sculpt-wise but A MONSTER next to him. The first photo of this NEXT to the other 2 and case closed. NO FUC...G WAY to trade around retail price. 5k is a rather conservative estimation.

If Cable (a mediocre toy) trades and gets pushed by hypers and pushers all over facebook @ 2k ("dude i can find you a Cable for only 200d mark-up, dude. Its a grail, dude. Give me your money, dude. Sideshow sucks, dude") or that Venom with the wrong symbol and the 2 paintbrushes @ 2k, this Thanos, the ULTIMATE VILLAIN and the ULTIMATE statue, is going to trade for at least 5k.

Write it down (Of course we want a perfect QC for Thanos)
So the Doom on Throne, who is mostly covered by fabric, is a much superior sculpt to XM Magneto? And if you can't appreciate their Cable sculpt, paint and detail and think it's toyish(come on, this hobby goes hand-in-hand with being a man-child, me included lol), I think the SS bashers are turning you into an XM basher without critical thinking involved anymore.

I'll just say this: XM Magneto, Cable and Venom are phenomenal as are SS Deadpool and Thanos on Throne. The value difference would be factored on the edition sizes as well: Magneto 800, Cable and Venom 999, while SS's...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #6602
SONICobra
Batman

ahhh statue forum, where the merits of a statue are determined by what it may sell for in the future rather than the sculpt itself...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #6603
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
ahhh statue forum, where the merits of a statue are determined by what it may sell for in the future rather than the sculpt itself...
Unfortunate but true
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #6604
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
So the Doom on Throne, who is mostly covered by fabric, is a much superior sculpt to XM Magneto? And it you can't appreciate their Cable sculpt, paint and detail and think it's toyish(come on, this hobby goes hand-in-hand with being a man-child, me included lol), I think the SS bashers are turning you into an XM basher without critical thinking involved anymore.

I'll just say this: XM Magneto, Cable and Venom are phenomenal as are SS Deadpool and Thanos on Throne. The value difference would be factored on the edition sizes as well: Magneto 800, Cable and Venom 999, while SS's...
That logic eludes Forps unfortunately.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #6605
Nerdy Black Guy
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't collect as many pieces as I use to, but I still collect and this statue is too phenomenal to pass up. Ah what the hell...ORDERED!!!

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR - SDCC 2018 - NBG OUT
Nerdy Black Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #6606
walokbig
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

[QUOTE=SONICobra;5481847]ahhh statue forum, where the merits of a statue are determined by what it may sell for in the future rather than the sculpt itself...:
walokbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #6607
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
That logic eludes Forps unfortunately.
As well as the subjective. One mans rags is another's riches. What may be toyish to one may be a Mona Lisa to another and vice versa.

I don't happen to like the Mona Lisa but I have to say that the paint is extraordinary.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #6608
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Or what the mother fvcking ES is.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #6609
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really don't care too much about value or ES ... I just care about how good they look on my shelves
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #6610
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Or what the mother fvcking ES is.
Thanos if it wasn't the set Es he would have not sold out that fast. No way! The term for the value is now not to make money off these which is just impossible now with the comapanies maxing out the going prices. Some collectors don't like buying each new statue and immediately taking a 10-35% drop on what they paid. Takes out the fun for some of us who is not rich and less fortunate in life.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote