Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #321
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Something about the bust in this picture is bothering me - do the pupils of his eyes look slightly off? Its like one on the left is looking straight ahead, and then the one on the right is kind of up and across the nose.

Not quite crossed-eyed - its very subtle. It could be the way the eye socket and brow overlap on the right side, but the position of the pupils in the iris does appear to be off? I know this is just a prototype, but its still driving me nuts.

ok.....im really starting to like this....just wish it wasnt a grand..ughhhhh $699 im all in...but at this price???
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #322
N3RDGASM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone have any other pics from convention ?
N3RDGASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #323
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It's weak. Sorry. They have to step it up if they want higher prices. This goes for every piece they have. This bust should be 599 or 699 the highest.
Maybe they should focus their products instead of their hipster promoters and BS forum flutters.
They still make some awesom stuff but they also do safe money grabs on the same characters. That's fine. But man when people come running to their defense. Get out of here with that. It's just another corporation losing its monopoly on the market.
They are weak. They throw these little codes around for dollars off thinking they are so awesome. That's just a fraction of the price bump from the last year and a half. That's why we are all seeing coupons and codes.
This Hulk is blows. Some good points but overall the sculpt is just off and awkward. The paint is booboo.
Awesome Con SS. Thanks for a few new characters. Oh and the Wolverine and Batman. Yeah. Been dying for them.
Wish we saw another Red Sonja or Ironman- oh wait we did. It just took multipl times to get them right? Or will we finally get another of each in late 2017.

All true and spoken like a fan! Not a Sideshow damage control plant in the forums. And Awkward is the best word for the Bust, Awkward expression, Awkward jaw line, Awkward design.

SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #324
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
All true and spoken like a fan! Not a Sideshow damage control plant in the forums. And Awkward is the best word for the Bust, Awkward expression, Awkward jaw line, Awkward design.

You'll have to excuse my if your opinion carries very little weight with me after you compared the Thanos sculpt to Mcfarlane action figure.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 07-22-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #325
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Having seen photos from SDCC, i stand my ground. This had the potential of the ULTIMATE ARTSY Hulk LSB (some guys wanted a common and done-million-times roaring expression, but THIS expression is so artsy and different, its magnificent), but Sideshow pulled a Sideshow and made this SHORTER than Deadpool LSB !!! For gods sake !!! Its HULK, the beast, the behemoth, the monster!!! He should be at LEAST 4 inches taller!!! Shorther than Deadpool LSB or Joker LSB and with a small chest area!

This LSB is the best LSB Sideshow produced after Lord of Darkness, Joker or Patient Zero. The decision to make it so SHORT and not to have some chest area, DESTROYED the magnificent and artsy sculpt. The sculptor behind this and Deadpool is a master (Andy Bergholtz's calibre), but Sideshow "killed" this by making too ----ing short for Hulk!

Please do not repeat the same mistake with Thanos LSB or Darkseid LSB. They should be MONSTERS, ENORMOUS, HUGE. They are bigger-than-life villains and behemoths. No PUNY LSBs, Sideshow.

Nevertheless, i cant afford not to buy a LSB. I have them all, but i will buy it AFTER release from a third party to punish Sideshow for the "Limited edition". Sideshow SURELY is losing many LSBs collectors, who are the most unique and elitist collectors in the market. They should stop the "Limited edition" crap, cap their ES, announce the final ES (i dont care how many, 1000 pieces, 2000, 3000, 4000 LSBs but announce it, for gods sake) and treat the Life Size Bust community with respect.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #326
FROBAY
Phoenix

Didn't know these started shipping. Need a better review before I decide if I want one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCt3GZ9IbBU

Listed at 20lbs. Sideshow doesn't list the material it's made out of. Deadpool bust is 35 lbs.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-07-2017 at 11:48 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM   #327
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Shipping with Limited Edition size of however many Sideshow can sell. Artistically Fugly but can respect the work.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #328
FROBAY
Phoenix

Pics at Freaks forum.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 AM   #329
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Didn't know these started shipping. Need a better review before I decide if I want one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCt3GZ9IbBU

Listed at 20lbs. Sideshow doesn't list the material it's made out of. Deadpool bust is 35 lbs.
The guy on the video had some good things to say but it got me thinking. Has anyone posted a video where they just went out and said why did I buy this Piece of Shat? I'm thinking we all have statue goggles when we first receive something we've been anxiously waiting for. Not saying this is but just curious.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:28 AM   #330
ratchet
Mandarin

I agree the paint job is phenomenal - just not a fan of the expression at all. It's enough to make me glad I passed on ordering
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote