Old 12-08-2018, 06:35 PM   #641
risingstar
Jedi Order

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #642
ZenAmako
Frackin!

Some comments about this statue:

The base is heavy. Like, really heavy. I would recommend turning her by holding the bottom portion of the base because I feel like one of the smaller pieces might break off.

The box is also pretty big. A lot bigger than Batgirl's box.

Had no issues inserting the foot peg or head.

I like how they used bat-clips to attach the cape instead of having the head go on over the cape. Her head feels more securely attached to the body as a result. Drawback is that if you wanted to display her sans cape there would be visible holes where the clips go for the cape.

Finally, the graphic novel Batwoman: Elegy by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III is awesome. I would highly recommend reading that if you like comics, but you're unfamiliar with the character.
ZenAmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #643
dechirico7
The Flash

Batwoman PF $490
Soulfire Grace PF $590

Did prices on PFs really jump $100 this year?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #644
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Batwoman PF $490
Soulfire Grace PF $590

Did prices on PFs really jump $100 this year?
Wouldn't be surprised. Every year it goes up, and it's what has pretty much drove me out of the 1/4 game.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #645
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

This looks like it turned out great. I should have mine this week, it'll be along with Magneto the last DC/Marvel i buy with fabric capes. I'm sick of them tbh.

I've sold off a lot of my old PFs that have fabric covering body parts and capes. It works and works well on COTD so i've no problem there but looking at the Marvel/DC statues we're getting from competitors it's starting to look outdated and quite frankly lazy.

End rant
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #646
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Wouldn't be surprised. Every year it goes up, and it's what has pretty much drove me out of the 1/4 game.
Yes, it does go up almost monthly, but $100 in a year? Ouch.

I get my Batwoman exclusive today.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #647
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
This looks like it turned out great. I should have mine this week, it'll be along with Magneto the last DC/Marvel i buy with fabric capes. I'm sick of them tbh.

I've sold off a lot of my old PFs that have fabric covering body parts and capes. It works and works well on COTD so i've no problem there but looking at the Marvel/DC statues we're getting from competitors it's starting to look outdated and quite frankly lazy.

End rant
Agree 100%, mix media sucks IMO.... the fabric cape is the only reason I passed on the new Superman and Supergirl PF statues...

I figure those of us who dislike Mix Media keep caving in and buying statues with mix media elements SS will just keep making them... time to take a stand
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #648
dechirico7
The Flash

Quickly opened her up on my lunch. She is amazing. She doesn't have the messy mold issues on her hair like Dark Phoenix did. Everything is very precise and clean. I love that they gave her a very physical physique. She has a flat butt, which is some needed variety. I wasnt prepared for how heavy her base is...yeesh. feels like they filled it with lead.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #649
risingstar
Jedi Order

It's a nice piece. Had there been greater feedback and response from the fanbase, I would have submitted a full review and write-up. This one seems to have passed most fans by. There are barely a few posts about on the freaks board. Not sure why there’s lacklustre response. Could it be that she was not objectified or sexualized enough? Probably. A shame. It’s a solid A-/B+ statue.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #650
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post

End rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Agree 100%, mix media sucks IMO.... the fabric cape is the only reason I passed on the new Superman and Supergirl PF statues...

I figure those of us who dislike Mix Media keep caving in and buying statues with mix media elements SS will just keep making them... time to take a stand
You both said it perfectly. And Tayto, I totally agree about not minding it on COTD pieces. The fabric on those pieces is on another level in terms of detail.

I'll slowly be replacing my SS DC PFs with Tweeterhead and will only be buying Marvel from SS and XM (and only when SS does all sculpt).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote