Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Favorite Green Lantern Premium Format Statue?

Hi all, I was just hoping to solicit some feedback on what everybody's favorite premium format Sideshow Green Lantern statue is. It looks like the only one currently being made is the John Stewart version. That does look really awesome, I'm just not sure I would prefer that to be my first one of GL, I think that should be Hal Jordan. But it looks like all of the Jordan statues are all sold out, and there's nothing else on the horizon that I've seen. What are your favorite Green Lantern 1/4 scale statues, Hal or otherwise?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

First things first, decide whether you want a museum pose or dynamic pose. Think of who else you plan to display him with. Sideshow does seem to be leaning toward slightly more dynamic poses with their future DC PF releases.

If it's museum you're after, there's only the one choice. For me personally, GL should always be doing something in a statue. He doesn't have the presence of Batman or Superman to pull off standing still.

Regardless of John Stewart being my favourite GL, his statue trumps the first Hal Jordan statue. That one was awkward as heck. Body twisting one way, fist going the other, looking in a random direction and on top of all this, it wasn't 1:4 scale.

The Salt and Pepper Hal is the best 1:4 Hal but it's not by Sideshow or licensed so I shouldn't even be mentioning it.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Sideshow PF on the right. H a l i m a w (seems to be blocked if I put the letters together) on the left.
I've got the John Stewart on order and he will go in this case along with Green Arrow.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I must admit that that John Stewart statue looks badass. These would be my first quarter scale statues, and I'm looking at the new Trinity to begin, and would need a Green Lantern to go with them (and a Flash and Aquaman, eventually)... The new John Stewart definitely looks to be more of that style than Hal Jordan!
Old 12-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
adee
Green Arrow

The first PF is still my favorite. I love the portrait and light up feature and how he displays with Sinestro.

I like the Stewart coming out but undecided if I’ll get him. The arm thing bothers me on that piece.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Is that Hal Jordan on the small side?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #7
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Is that Hal Jordan on the small side?
Only when compared to some pieces. It’s not as small as many would lead you to believe. The angle of the statue and way his leg extends down the back of the base make him look smaller but scale wise I always found it pretty insignificant. Note I do use a riser to change the angle.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #8
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Shame, have always wanted a 1/4 Hal Jordan but both the original SS and Prime 1 New 52 pieces are woefully under sized when compared to other 1/4 pieces. The other SS piece is OK scale wise just isn't that impressive otherwise. So I guess John Stewart wins by default.
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:56 PM   #9
Lobotomizer
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Salt and Pepper
Lobotomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #10
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

This is my favorite.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote