Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #6741
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Joker's head in the comic books has always looked a bit disproportionate due to his lanky frame. The PF captures this well without giving him a bobble head look.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #6742
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

So I was just in the Harley thread and was thinking to myself the es for her will likely be fairly big. But then I remembered how most people looking to buy her will want a joker now. You can have a bats without joker, a bats without joker but a Harley without a joker..... definitely not. The large es of joker will probably offset huge after market prices but I predict joker going up in perceived value again after recently dropping to near retail value
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #6743
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
So I was just in the Harley thread and was thinking to myself the es for her will likely be fairly big. But then I remembered how most people looking to buy her will want a joker now. You can have a bats without joker, a bats without joker but a Harley without a joker..... definitely not. The large es of joker will probably offset huge after market prices but I predict joker going up in perceived value again after recently dropping to near retail value
Count on it. This piece is a sleeping giant I tell ya. In a few years people are going to say "boy I wish I saw that coming."
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #6744
mikman42
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
was it ever brought up if people think his head is too big for his body?
How is the head to big for his body.No one is perfect everywhere you look people are totally proportionally different.
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #6745
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

heads fine. PF looks killer and screams classic Joker. and im glad i picked one up. one of the main reasons why i did besides the sculpt itself is due to the fact that this was the very first DC statue SS has made with their license. and i agree with what BarrelCannon & Hellboy said. this is a sleeping giant and will be going up in value.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #6746
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I'd say Joker is a tad too big all around. He dwarfs my DCD 1/4 Batman. He's just a big figure and the head is massive compared to other 1/4 statues. Especially noticable to me since it's the Joker. He's not exactly a beast.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #6747
DynamicMenace

well. i guess its all on how you look a it i guess and what you would prefer to see. but mikman42 and Hellboy have good explanations that i would agree with.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #6748
snappahead
Producer
Producer

You hold his head up to another PF and it's bigger than theirs. Not too many ways you can look at it. I popped his head off and held it up to the T1 Arnold and the Joker's head is a good bit bigger. I get what others are saying. It's a comic style thing. He has a huge chin and bottom jaw that also makes the head bigger than normal as well. No ones arguing that. The piece looks awesome. His head is huge.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #6749
DynamicMenace

yeah i hear what your sayin man. thats true. it obvious they were going for a more comic look as you said. im sure if they wanted to go with a realistic human sized head it would be smaller.
as long as it looks good with the BM PF and all the other DC PF all will be good.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #6750
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Joker ex just sold for $440 on eBay. I would have thrown a bid on it, but I am moving this month + my gf's bday..... yikes. The only statue ill be able to buy this month is PCS Sub Zero, and put Harley EX on FLEX PAY.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote