Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #911
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
This statue is just one perfect 90's portrait away to being the perfect Rogue 1/4 scale statue.
That right there is why i'm a bit disappointed.

A fine Rogue that I thought would be the one and only Rogue i'd ever want.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #912
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Someone already mentioned it yesterday on Facebook
It will be 300$.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:17 AM   #913
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
That right there is why i'm a bit disappointed.

A fine Rogue that I thought would be the one and only Rogue i'd ever want.

I didn't expect this to be the perfect Rogue statue for me. But after seeing the REG in person, I knew this would come close. And it really drew me in ...a phenomenal statue.
The EX didn't hit the mark exactly for me ....but its close, too.

Custom portraits ...they're just another opportunity to see if I can get closer to what I want. We'll see what the offerings will provide.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #914
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
It will be 300$.
Sounds about right. I paid slightly less than that for my custom XM Phoenix portrait and to be painted.

Thank goodness I love the regular portrait on this, so I have no need for a custom.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #915
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Sounds about right. I paid slightly less than that for my custom XM Phoenix portrait and to be painted.

Thank goodness I love the regular portrait on this, so I have no need for a custom.
As I recall they didn't offer the phoenix head painted right? Just unpainted and the buyer had to find someone, or use one of the recommended painters.

Every custom head I've seen or bought it's always been 300$ and painted. No matter what character it's 300$ lol.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #916
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
As I recall they didn't offer the phoenix head painted right? Just unpainted and the buyer had to find someone, or use one of the recommended painters.

Every custom head I've seen or bought it's always been 300$ and painted. No matter what character it's 300$ lol.
There was two different heads. One amazing and one crap. Course I bought the amazing one LOL. It was unpainted, and I bought mine and the producer shipped it directly to one of their recommended painters (Vince Vell) and he painted her up for me.

Anyways, back to Rogue. I hope they provide some good information tomorrow on her engineering. I still think Rogue and X-23 are the top two X-Ladies.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #917
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
There was two different heads. One amazing and one crap. Course I bought the amazing one LOL. It was unpainted, and I bought mine and the producer shipped it directly to one of their recommended painters (Vince Vell) and he painted her up for me.

Anyways, back to Rogue. I hope they provide some good information tomorrow on her engineering. I still think Rogue and X-23 are the top two X-Ladies.
Do you have a photo of your Jean custom? I’m new to customs and want to see what kind of quality you can get in case a custom Rogue Head is needed.

Still optimistic some better pics/ vids come of this Rogur but a custom may be needed.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #918
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I think only the positioning of the eyes is different. But the way the hair flows, the smirk, her looking to the left is almost identical.
Nope looks nothing like the print. Print has a much younger face. The print also doesn't look like Angelina Jolie.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #919
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I'm going to wait on this one, I don't need the ex. Gone are the days when I purchase a statue i'm not 100% sure about just to have the character in my collection.

X-23 is the best in this line for me. Her and Psylocke don't need an ex of any kind, I'm definitely getting both.

With Wolverine and Dark Phoenix I'm happy enough for now. The rest of my planned X-MEN line up will be wait and see.

I actually feel a bit clearer where i'm going with this now......and relax
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #920
Shaughn54

Lets all go back to a simpler time, a time when all loved this statue (pending price), a time when hope was abundant, a time just last week. LOL

I am really surprised Sideshow allowed these photos to be used. they have horrible lighting and as we saw at comic con this statue just shines in good abundant lighting. Even the base in these 2 pictures doesn't even look like the same color.

Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote