Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-13-2022, 10:15 AM   #11
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Does it state the size in the Death thread? Those images sure look like 1/4.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #12
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Does it state the size in the Death thread? Those images sure look like 1/4.
I believe thats a 32ish ounce insulated water bottle in the background by the plastic containers. If it is, this thing is surely 1/4, and a big one at that.

As for the set, I have 3 thoughts.

1st They look great. Whether its up one's alley or not, the art is great.

2nd Not sure how I feel about the steampunk look of Famine. Even if thats not what they're going for, it feels that way for me.

3rd I dont want this to come across as a complaint, just more a "I'm confused." I'm not one to argue with XM as they are a very successful business. But who is the market for this, and why oh why are they still sitting on the Dungeons and Dragons license? D&D has never been this popular, but XM are making these and not a Drizzt or Dragonlance set?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #13
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I believe thats a 32ish ounce insulated water bottle in the background by the plastic containers. If it is, this thing is surely 1/4, and a big one at that.

2nd Not sure how I feel about the steampunk look of Famine. Even if thats not what they're going for, it feels that way for me.

3rd I dont want this to come across as a complaint, just more a "I'm confused." I'm not one to argue with XM as they are a very successful business. But who is the market for this, and why oh why are they still sitting on the Dungeons and Dragons license? D&D has never been this popular, but XM are making these and not a Drizzt or Dragonlance set?
My guess (and it is only a guess) are folks into things like SSC's Court of the Dead line, general fantasy statues, and even horror/monster pieces. I personally don't collect these types of statues but they must sell pretty well. SSC's COTD series has had a lot of characters.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:07 AM   #14
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I got excited thinking they were from X-Men. They are pretty impressive I wouldn't buy them because of size and not fitting my collection.

They do look like they belong in a death metal cover album art. Also fitting with the court of the dead. Impressive as heck to look at
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post

D&D is on FIRE right now. XM would be making serious money in a 1/6 scale line. The average D&D player (because that is my household) doesn't have the space or cash to be plunking down 1/4 XM money.

I joke that my husband wouldn't have to look like a dork in his friend's basement now. He played as a kid when, as we all know, being a dork wasn't the cool thing to be. I tried my hand at D&D and liked it. I can't get into being the dungeon master or making sound effects, but the dice are fun and making a character than can cast spells or manipulate weather (gee, wonder where I got that) is damn cool.

Back to the awesomeness of these though!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:20 PM   #16
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I guess I don't know this storyline as well as I thought, wasn't Hulk a horsemen at some point and Gambit? Archangel?

EDIT: Oh, these are unlicensed then...like their interpretation of the horsemen. Got it.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #17
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
My guess (and it is only a guess) are folks into things like SSC's Court of the Dead line, general fantasy statues, and even horror/monster pieces. I personally don't collect these types of statues but they must sell pretty well. SSC's COTD series has had a lot of characters.
Yep, I am that collector haha. Fantasy is mostly all I collect. And like I said, these are gorgeous looking statues. My line of reasoning is that market would pay for Dungeons and Dragons statues, a license they already have, but we get these first. For instance, I would largely assume a Drizzt piece could sell 500 or so pieces. But these, I'd be very shocked if they sold more than that.

I may be off base. I'm not trying to take the joy from these. I hope they do well. They'll be special to someone. Hell, I may get 3 of the 4 haha.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:43 PM   #18
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
D&D is on FIRE right now. XM would be making serious money in a 1/6 scale line. The average D&D player (because that is my household) doesn't have the space or cash to be plunking down 1/4 XM money.

I joke that my husband wouldn't have to look like a dork in his friend's basement now. He played as a kid when, as we all know, being a dork wasn't the cool thing to be. I tried my hand at D&D and liked it. I can't get into being the dungeon master or making sound effects, but the dice are fun and making a character than can cast spells or manipulate weather (gee, wonder where I got that) is damn cool.

Back to the awesomeness of these though!
It is. I think if Vox Machina the animated series is a hit on Amazon, we're gonna see an even bigger push in that community.

I'm an oddity though. I've never played. I want to, but cant find a group to play with and the pandemic didnt help. But I love the lore. Collect all the modules and read through them, kind of creating my own story in my head and just enjoying the art in them. Enjoy watching the streams too. Not just Crit Role but some of the others too.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:47 PM   #19
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Half-naked woman on a monster. It's as good as bought
I hope the statue is 1/4
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:00 PM   #20
Puni
Birdman

i just hope the prices will be reasonable, but i highly doubt it.

shame, these look great!
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote