Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 AM   #11
QOBrien67
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I miss the Bowens big time, and I started collecting right before Mojo was released so I haven't even gotten to really experience being around for new Bowen stuff.

I only have so much room for 1/4... I would much prefer a number of 1/7 - 1/6
Amen to this Jones. I've seen some really cool 1/4 statue, but I think about how I like displaying and I can't see more than 2-4 of them eventually. While the detail is flat amazing on some of them, they're just too big for how I choose to display. Also, I really look forward to the idea of getting excited for new Bowen's dropping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post

I'm not saying this is happening with Randy but it boils down to...we don't know. [...]

I'm OK with Randy taking the time he needs to set his life right and I'm willing to wait until he personally has something concrete to tell us. I'm hopeful that good news will be coming in the future.
On the former, I'm assuming something like this happened. Between Rocky's Vault liquidating it's assets Q3 and Q4 last year and eventually shutting down, to some post's Randy has made elsewhere, I think he's getting geared back up and back to normalcy. Having been down the divorce road, until it's a bit behind you, it's really hard to get the wheels back on the bus.

I have a sneaking suspicion some information will probably drop sometime around the seminar. It lines up with him having an announcement towards EOY. Get excited baby, affordable 1/6ths of something are coming back. What that is remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
What Bowen needs to do is get the DC license and make a complete line of 1/6 comic statues. This is what he needs and this is what I need. It is a win/win.

Sometimes I look at my marvel bowens and then image having a whole other wall covered in DC bowens and it makes me so horny.
Though I'm not as huge a DC fan as Marvel, but I'd be lying if I said a 1/6 Kelly Jones full Color Bane, 1/6 Frank Miller Batman, 1/6 Superman, 1/6 Doomsday and 1/6 Darkseid wouldn't make me excited...I'd be lying.
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
What Bowen needs to do is get the DC license and make a complete line of 1/6 comic statues. This is what he needs and this is what I need. It is a win/win.

Sometimes I look at my marvel bowens and then image having a whole other wall covered in DC bowens and it makes me so horny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Lol. I like the way your brain works.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #13
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Lord help me if Bowen gets the DC license and does a 1/6 statue run. My bank account will not survive and my wife will not understand....

In addition to the primary JLA heroes, the Flash rouge gallery, The New Teen Titans......
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #14
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Yeah, if Bowen gets a 1:6 DC license...might as well submit the divorce papers now....

Bowen has a way of making me buy statues of characters I couldn't give a damn about. Mojo, MODOK, Wendigo, etc....all were prime examples of that.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #15
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #16
Zorglub
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wish I could attend this event.
Zorglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #17
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

The cut off dates for signing up for Randy's and other classes at JerseyFest Academy are coming soon. See all the info here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=3128

As a reminder, the all day classes are Fri. Aug. 26th (no vendor show that day) and the vendor show is Saturday and Sunday. Parties start Friday night (including Randy) and there are 2 on Saturday night. More on those here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=351
Old 07-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #18
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Did Randy Bowen say that he would announce something new at this event?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:42 AM   #19
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

yes, he is debuting a project he is working on
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #20
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Randy Bowen will be at the JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair all of next weekend (Aug. 26-28) selling statues and rarities at the vendor show, doing presentations and hanging with show attendees at hobby parties at night. As an exclusive for this event, Randy will be offering several rare items, prototypes, t-shirts, posters, original sketches, a new model kit...and more at the vendor show !

All the show info is at www.jerseyfestfair.com Hope to see you there.