Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #1331
dechirico7
The Flash

$100 for every year you have to wait for them?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #1332
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
why are these statues so expensive?
Why is a Mercedes so expensive? It's made out of the same plastic, rubber, steel and aluminum as all the other cars.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #1333
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Why is a Mercedes so expensive? It's made out of the same plastic, rubber, steel and aluminum as all the other cars.

can someone please give me a legitimate answers instead of eye rolls and replies like this
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #1334
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
can someone please give me a legitimate answers instead of eye rolls and replies like this
Because Gentle Giant saw how much the Sucker Punch statues sold for in the secondary market. They realized they can charge more for statues of random 1/4 hot chicks.

The same reasoning that the Walking Dead statues aren't as expensive. Daryl was the priciest one. He hasn't done much in the aftermarket and is still readily available so their other pre orderes aren't as expensive.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #1335
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I think part of it is the extremely high quality of the statue. The Whisper SE statue was flawless, odds are they are requiring the factories to keep up with the flawless quality control which means a lot of statues probably get sent back to the factory...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #1336
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think part of it is the extremely high quality of the statue. The Whisper SE statue was flawless, odds are they are requiring the factories to keep up with the flawless quality control which means a lot of statues probably get sent back to the factory...
oh ok i see. i would love to see one in person
Old 09-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #1337
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Because Gentle Giant saw how much the Sucker Punch statues sold for in the secondary market. They realized they can charge more for statues of random 1/4 hot chicks.

The same reasoning that the Walking Dead statues aren't as expensive. Daryl was the priciest one. He hasn't done much in the aftermarket and is still readily available so their other pre orderes aren't as expensive.
ah ok i see thanks
Old 09-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #1338
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
oh ok i see. i would love to see one in person
She is the best statue I own. I do not regret spending a little more than the price of a Sideshow statue on her.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #1339
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post

I agree with this. I will say that the HT line is as detailed as they come...some of them more than others, but lets be real, they price gouged the ---- outta this line because they know sex sells and they want a piece of that pie. You can't put the blame on "prices of today" because these were solicited a while ago. You can't blame an abundance of detail either. Walking Dead's Michonne is just as detailed as those chicks are. So is Black Widow. So is Shanna, and a 1/4 scale raptor is included with her and all three retailed around $400 and below.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #1340
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I agree with this. I will say that the HT line is as detailed as they come...some of them more than others, but lets be real, they price gouged the ---- outta this line because they know sex sells and they want a piece of that pie. You can't put the blame on "prices of today" because these were solicited a while ago. You can't blame an abundance of detail either. Walking Dead's Michonne is just as detailed as those chicks are. So is Black Widow. So is Shanna, and a 1/4 scale raptor is included with her and all three retailed around $400 and below.
Yupp GG pays attention to the aftermarket. Sideshow is starting to up their prices as well for PF's since they see people shelling out thousands for XM's pieces. It sucks because pretty soon I'll be forced out of the game with prices going up and up.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote