Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 08-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #31
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just a quick question for someone more knowledgeable. Is this the same team/idea behind the P1 Dog Alien?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #32
ozboy
Birdman

Whoever is at fox calling the shots on how Aliens should be posed needs to get a ----ing clue
ozboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #33
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Just a quick question for someone more knowledgeable. Is this the same team/idea behind the P1 Dog Alien?

Not exactly. Coolprops produced the very early sculpt for the dog on a simple solid base. Then they handed it over to prime 1 who refined it and added the base etc and are producing it (meaning a high production quality) This one is entirely Coolprops.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #34
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Thanks Python.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:01 AM   #35
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not exactly. Coolprops produced the very early sculpt for the dog on a simple solid base. Then they handed it over to prime 1 who refined it and added the base etc and are producing it (meaning a high production quality) This one is entirely Coolprops.
CP seem to be mimicking the format of the Dog Alien statue, no? Similar style base, alternate head with display stand.

Makes me wonder if P1's solo Alien statues will be compatible with these or if they'll do their own style entirely.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:59 PM   #36
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
CP seem to be mimicking the format of the Dog Alien statue, no? Similar style base, alternate head with display stand.

Makes me wonder if P1's solo Alien statues will be compatible with these or if they'll do their own style entirely.
I just wish Prime 1 would show us something more than a CG image of something!

It's getting loooong now. I desperately want to see their warrior but they haven't even teased it yet so who knows when they will actually show us something. Currently this CP warrior doesn't interest me at all - the base is far far too big and the pose is not great either. Been waiting for a proper standing warrior and this one just doesn't do it for me to the point where I'm tempted to hunt down the sideshow one if Prime 1 don't do some sort of reveal soon (and I will only be buying 1 warrior statue).

Also want to know if Prime 1 are doing a full queen statue as if so I might cancel my Sideshow version pre-order and pay the money towards this instead (not 100% sold on the sideshow piece tbh).
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #37
Python
Omega Red

Looks like they heard the huge cries of "MEH" regarding this. They are updating the pose and other details. No pictures yet however, it should be shown at Tokyo comic con.....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #38
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Totally agree with the gripes about the awkward pose and the base being way too big. I'm not buying this one, but I am hoping they hammer that Big Chap into tomorrow. I need just one good Big Chap in my life and have faith they'll deliver.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #39
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #40
Vader
Ghost

pose looks better than before. maybe if they pull the arms back a little bit more, it would be perfect.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote