Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #31
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This is Mark Brooks Black Cat??

Here's what I found comparing portraits....

What art piece was this based on??
Basically these all has the younger girl look to them than the sideshow ones that people complain out looking too old. The pics says it all. Same with every time people post pics of the women. For male characters no one cares how old they look for the most part. Guess its typical these days and it's what sells.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #32
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Thanks for sharing Demona! I can see the inspiration but I do question the likeness of Mark Brooks art.
Hopefully there will be a swap out arm and head. Not a fan of the blowing a kiss pose.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #33
FJC
Midnighter

Since the Adam Hughes line is dead, I'd love to see a classic Storm in the Brooks line.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #34
gomur
The Tick

Watch out. The one legged running pose is about to pass the Captain Morgan in popularity. I'd worry about leans, but SS must be confident in their engineering to use this pose so often. There might be hope for Flash just yet....

This Mark Brooks line has lost a lot of momentum. After a head-scratching Spider-Man base and terrible QC on production pieces, it's hard to give Black Cat a fair shake. I will say the pose looks good and the sculpt is pretty if not sexy - not a fan of the blue eye shadow.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #35
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I have a She-Ra commission that I picked up directly from Mark and his wife Lisa. He couldn’t have been nicer. There was also a snaffu with their scanner (he scans his sketches for art books) where it put black dots on my piece!! He felt HORRIBLE and fixed it to the point you’d never even know it happened.

I bet the long SDCC days were the issue. I’ve been lucky to not meet any negative artists. Then again, I’m not pushy or asking for 30 things to be signed.
Wow. Have you posted it here? I'd love a Mark Brooks commission, but figured like many big names he wouldn't do them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Wow. Have you posted it here? I'd love a Mark Brooks commission, but figured like many big names he wouldn't do them.
It’s up in my ComicArtFans page After all these years I still haven’t mastered posting bigger images here!

https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1533601

It was dumb luck that he selected request. I think I scored bc he has never drawn her. Social media (Instagram) was the key for me to know he was even taking a list. That is how I scored my STUNNING Yardin too!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #37
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

She's too cute. I hope she comes with a good ex, I like her current head and arm but wouldn't be opposed to a different look.

She will be 1/5 scale correct? like the Spidey, Silk and Gwen previously released?
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #38
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post

She will be 1/5 scale correct? like the Spidey, Silk and Gwen previously released?
Yep.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #39
Augen
Metal Men

This is stunning. One if the best She Ra drawings I've seen. Would love having something of this quality framed behind the statue of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It’s up in my ComicArtFans page After all these years I still haven’t mastered posting bigger images here!

https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1533601

It was dumb luck that he selected request. I think I scored bc he has never drawn her. Social media (Instagram) was the key for me to know he was even taking a list. That is how I scored my STUNNING Yardin too!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #40
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Is that she ra print for sale somewhere?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote