Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #281
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue852 View Post
Did anyone post a picture of Raven? Was on the fence about buying her...but some have said her face is NOT like the original picture. Thanks!
I believe it was Pdenham that mentioned it, but no pictures from him yet
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #282
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Pdenham, did you find that your Starfire was pretty tight in her Styrofoam which made it difficult to remove?

My Starfire was way to tight in her packaging
Sorry to see that, brother.
There should be no question about getting a replacement and I don't think there is any danger of these selling out anytime soon, but it still sucks in the short term.

Since you mention it, I think I recall it being inordinately snug. Because it was all one piece, I didn't take much note of the packaging at the time.

I'm not going to be able to post pictures any time soon, but there is what looks like some paint, or what could be glue, slop around the neck join area on mine.
Paint apps, across all three figures I have, are only OK.
Your Nightwing looks as sharp as any I've seen.
For the most part, These are better appreciated at a distance of a few feet, rather sticking your nose right up next to them.

Even with those caveats, I still love this Starfire. This is the only figure or statue I've seen that is an overwhelmingly accurate realization of Perez's style.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:22 PM   #283
pdenham
Teen Titans

As far as Raven goes- my phone is down for the time being, so no pics.

I only have room to display Starfire atm, so I had to fish Raven out of sotrage to check her again.

The face is narrower than the solicit/prototype photos, which is most noticeable in how sharp and pointy her chin is when you compare it in-hand versus the photos.
FWIW Starfire also has a pointier chin and more sharply defined nose bridge than Perez would ever draw, though they don't seem to impact the likeness, and I can't see either from a typical viewing distance.

What's ironic is, Perez actually did draw Raven with a longer, more narrower face for at least part of the run. TBH, there was always something about the solicit/prototype face that didn't look 100% to me. I think the actual statue, because of the narrower face, might be more on point to Perez's style after all.
More than anything else, it's not having that defined shadow across the top half of the face that is the main thing throwing off any likeness in either case.
I was considering painting mine in at some point, but it's not a priority at the moment.
It would also be pretty easy to catastrophically screw up if not done right.

If I can find my charger tonight, I'll get the photos up asap.

I'm still quite OK with the figure as a whole. Like Starfire, I still think it's the best example of a Perez version of the character, and may be the more impressive out of all three figs in person.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #284
Gothamite
Phoenix

More Jim Lee Gonna Jim Lee

$80, ES 500

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #285
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I don't like the New 52 costume in general, but I really don't like it when they try to pair it with the classic colors.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #286
Gothamite
Phoenix

Black Lightning available 2020: https://www.iconheroes.com/collectio...ghtning-statue

Old 04-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #287
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Sorry to see that, brother.
There should be no question about getting a replacement and I don't think there is any danger of these selling out anytime soon, but it still sucks in the short term.

Since you mention it, I think I recall it being inordinately snug. Because it was all one piece, I didn't take much note of the packaging at the time.

I'm not going to be able to post pictures any time soon, but there is what looks like some paint, or what could be glue, slop around the neck join area on mine.
Paint apps, across all three figures I have, are only OK.
Your Nightwing looks as sharp as any I've seen.
For the most part, These are better appreciated at a distance of a few feet, rather sticking your nose right up next to them.

Even with those caveats, I still love this Starfire. This is the only figure or statue I've seen that is an overwhelmingly accurate realization of Perez's style.
Thank you
Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #288
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
THis one look really good...but I really dread getting this line now

Hmm does he have eyes or is the eye protectors cover them?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #289
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
THis one look really good...but I really dread getting this line now

Hmm does he have eyes or is the eye protectors cover them?
He wears goggles.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #290
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
He wears goggles.
I try looking on their website for a very close up of him. Still cannot see his eyes or a clear picture of him. I'm thinking his goggles have a dark instead of a clear tint, and that's why we cannot see his eyes, which is a good thing.

Thanks Gothie