Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #921
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

christ what happened to his hairline vs the photo, what we back in the early 2000s again? cant even return this crap since i got it as bogo 50%. now really worried about the 1/4 wonder woman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 7.40.57 PM.png
Views:	246
Size:	643.8 KB
ID:	156436  
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #922
Wil Green
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
christ what happened to his hairline vs the photo, what we back in the early 2000s again? cant even return this crap since i got it as bogo 50%. now really worried about the 1/4 wonder woman.
Yikes. I’m one of those that got in on that deal they were having with the free shipping. Hope this isn’t their way of getting rid of subpar pieces. Guess we’ll see. Haven’t even received any shipping notice on mine even though they were supposed to start shipping 11-29.
Wil Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:39 PM   #923
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Green View Post
Yikes. I?m one of those that got in on that deal they were having with the free shipping. Hope this isn?t their way of getting rid of subpar pieces. Guess we?ll see. Haven?t even received any shipping notice on mine even though they were supposed to start shipping 11-29.
From sideshow? That can?t be right they ships within 1-2 business day pretty consistently, you may want to call them to see what?s going on.
Old 12-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #924
Wil Green
Frackin!

Quote:
From sideshow? That can?t be right they ships within 1-2 business day pretty consistently, you may want to call them to see what?s going on.
No, it was through Tweeterhead, but still hoping for the best as far as what I’ll be getting.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #925
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Green View Post
No, it was through Tweeterhead, but still hoping for the best as far as what I?ll be getting.
I ordered one via Tweeterhead too. I hadn't gotten a shipping notice so I emailed about it. Finally got a tracking number today. Seems like its just sitting there. Shipping label was printed on 11/29. Hoping for the best as well.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #926
Wil Green
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
I ordered one via Tweeterhead too. I hadn't gotten a shipping notice so I emailed about it. Finally got a tracking number today. Seems like its just sitting there. Shipping label was printed on 11/29. Hoping for the best as well.
Exactly the same for me. Emailed them about it a couple days ago, got a response around noon with a tracking number that said a label was created on 11/29 as well, and FED EX was waiting on the package.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:01 AM   #927
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
That looks really bad. So bad that it feels like a knock off.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:10 PM   #928
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Lol I doubt sideshow is selling knockoffs, can you guys post some close up from the same angle, my only issue is the hairline, they went the cheap route like in those marvel branded pieces from decade ago, the body etc..details were awesome. It?s like why would you put all this effort into the statue just to cheap out on the head?makes no sense.

I got a weta Gandalf same 1/6 around same price and ironically on the same day and the face/hair detail is just unbelievable almost ultra realistic, it?s amazing how far the tech has advanced compared to their older pieces yet seem tweeter head is still stuck in the past.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gandalf - 1.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	156568  
Old 12-09-2022, 12:21 AM   #929
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The painted prototype is on the right, which normally is more appealing and deceiving!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 07:34 AM   #930
Wil Green
Frackin!

Receiving him Monday. Also wanted to give a shout out to Chad and Tweeterhead for the quick response.