Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 01-31-2022, 03:12 PM   #101
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Price was high and while Tsume is alright they have definitely failed to deliver on prototypes before (even if some aren't exactly super detailed). No way I'm going to gamble on something super expensive for them.

Still weird to say this was cancelled over a failed license renewal as while not impossible it would be very unlikely that it would cause the cancellation of the piece unless they chose to do so.
Probably just took too long they had to renegotiate the license for release and either terms were less favorable or licensor refused more favorable terms to be worthwhile for Tsume to go forward along with increases on everything else. Customer Shipping for some of these versions would easily be pushing towards an extra 1K to say nothing of boat freight price.
They had been silent on this so I'd say they had thoughts it might not make it for a long while.

Companies are not in the habit of rubbing egg on their own faces and will always blame the other guy.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:03 PM   #102
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

That’s a shame, was looking forward to seeing this piece released. They must of lost a chunk of money on the development and original license costs.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #103
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Probably just took too long they had to renegotiate the license for release and either terms were less favorable or licensor refused more favorable terms to be worthwhile for Tsume to go forward along with increases on everything else. Customer Shipping for some of these versions would easily be pushing towards an extra 1K to say nothing of boat freight price.
They had been silent on this so I'd say they had thoughts it might not make it for a long while.

Companies are not in the habit of rubbing egg on their own faces and will always blame the other guy.
I'm not privy to their licensing agreement but normally even if they couldn't renew for something that was already solicited they can't just force them to cancel a product. That would be a huge loss for any company.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote