Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #21
Thor57
Teen Titans

I’ll concede the skin color could be different, but the drow have been represented from pure ebony to lighting blue/purple.

But the pose is fine. I do t think he’s meant to be posed from the from but more a side profile. It mimics his lungs on one of the book covers, but I forget which one.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #22
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I took a screen shot of the moment he saw it and zoomed in. Blurry, but no mistake who it is.
Hey Thor what streamer's video did you see this in? I saw the XM pics from Facebook and the photographer said it was their prototype. He also thought it was part of the MTG line and later the XM owner said it was from the D&D license.

Seeing your pic without Guenhwyvar makes me think XM will try to sell this as a version A & B statue like they have with other statues. I am hoping the pricing for Drizzt stays along the lines of the MTG pieces since I am speculating these licenses were purchased together since they were announced together, so one shouldn't be more than the other.

I also feel his skin tone could be darker like others have pointed out, but I think with a dark tone we would lose some details in the portrait.

Also, PCS is definitely making Drizzt. About a month or 2 ago they just said he is on hold for the time being.

Edit:
Looks like it was displayed at the Gatherer's Tavern booth. This is the licensed distributor for XM for the MTG pieces, but they sell them at a very large mark up.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #23
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Hey Thor what streamer's video did you see this in? I saw the XM pics from Facebook and the photographer said it was their prototype. He also thought it was part of the MTG line and later the XM owner said it was from the D&D license.

Seeing your pic without Guenhwyvar makes me think XM will try to sell this as a version A & B statue like they have with other statues. I am hoping the pricing for Drizzt stays along the lines of the MTG pieces since I am speculating these licenses were purchased together since they were announced together, so one shouldn't be more than the other.

I also feel his skin tone could be darker like others have pointed out, but I think with a dark tone we would lose some details in the portrait.

Also, PCS is definitely making Drizzt. About a month or 2 ago they just said he is on hold for the time being.

Edit:
Looks like it was displayed at the Gather's Tavern booth. This is the licensed distributor for XM for the MTG pieces, but they sell them at a very large mark up.
It was from Nerd Immersions day 1 walk around. About the 52 min mark I think. It kind of seems Guen is removable for a display with or without her.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:02 PM   #24
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg7-xMep..._web_copy_link

Not sure if Instagram links work here, but I did find these few pics of Drizzt
Old 08-08-2022, 07:37 PM   #25
Shaughn54

Looks like Drizzt comes with a switchout head and necklace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1660001106573.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	152728  
Old 08-10-2022, 11:58 AM   #26
Cmac
Mephisto

It's been quite a few years since I've read the books, but I thought he drew the scimitars across his body? Shouldn't the sheathes for the scimitars in his hands be on the opposite side of his body?

Right now, it looks like the sword in the right hand goes in the right sheathe and left to the left sheathe. I'm not sure how anybody could do that.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #27
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I was really hoping for a hooded portrait.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #28
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
It's been quite a few years since I've read the books, but I thought he drew the scimitars across his body? Shouldn't the sheathes for the scimitars in his hands be on the opposite side of his body?

Right now, it looks like the sword in the right hand goes in the right sheathe and left to the left sheathe. I'm not sure how anybody could do that.
I read them annually (new one just came out yesterday!) and I?m not quite sure it ever says. He definitely wears them on his hips, but I don?t recall if it ever specifically says how he draws. It seems obvious he?d draw across his body though for sure.

As for how someone could do it, Arthur Dayne draws his left hand sword off his left hip. It does look awkward, but Dayne is supposed to be the best swordsmen alive in Asoiaf. I?m not sure if that draw was told to them by expert swordsmen or if it was done for the hell of it.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:46 PM   #29
gearhead
The Herculoids

New Sisko video. At 22:55 good footage of Drizzt WITH Guenhwyvar! Anybody know when this is supposed to go up for preorder? Like everything except the skin color which is WAY off. Hopefully they'll fix that.

http://https://youtu.be/03yVOMyUrk0
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 12:05 AM   #30
gearhead
The Herculoids

I think that link didn't work, try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yVOMyUrk0&t=1415s
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote