Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #41
SONICobra
Batman

astonishing or current costumes would be my preference, anything other than lee would really be a breath of fresh air as far as xmen statues are concerned
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:52 PM   #42
Mister H
Gen 13

I'd vote Astonishing, but when it comes to the X-Men that I'll actually buy, I'm not that picky.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #43
Mister H
Gen 13

Now that I think about it, I don't like this for Colossus. This looks like @$$.

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:54 PM   #44
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Now that I think about it, I don't like this for Colossus. This looks like @$$.

We have 3 choices for Colossus in 1/4 scale. Sideshow's OG Lee PF, Bel's PF and XM's Colossus. I think both the recent Bel PF and XM's Colossus look phenomenal. I went with Bel's recent PF because I thought it looked great and it was significantly cheaper than XM's Colossus. That said XM's Colossus is very dynamic and looks fantastic.

That costume you posted came later in the Astonishing run. Cassaday's original run on Astonishing X-MEN had a more classic take on Colossus' costume and I think it looked good. If IS is going to do a Astonishing lineup, I'd like to see it based on Cassaday's run. However, a Cockrum/Byrne lineup will always be my 1st choice.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #45
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
We have 3 choices for Colossus in 1/4 scale. Sideshow's OG Lee PF, Bel's PF and XM's Colossus. I think both the recent Bel PF and XM's Colossus look phenomenal. I went with Bel's recent PF because I thought it looked great and it was significantly cheaper than XM's Colossus. That said XM's Colossus is very dynamic and looks fantastic.

That costume you posted came later in the Astonishing run. Cassaday's original run on Astonishing X-MEN had a more classic take on Colossus' costume and I think it looked good. If IS is going to do a Astonishing lineup, I'd like to see it based on Cassaday's run. However, a Cockrum/Byrne lineup will always be my 1st choice.
I really like the Bel PF but the XM Colossus doesn't do anything for me. Big part of it is the portrait. Been wavering on the Bel just because of box size vs. what I already have pre-ordered on the Batman side.

I have Rogue and Domino, think the only others that might sway me would be killer designs on new Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, or Gambit. All pretty safe bets, so that's a little troubling, money-wise. Ironically, I really like the new Gambit PF, but thought it was too dynamic for my display. The way I'd want to display him would take up way too much room, width-wise.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #46
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I really like the Bel PF but the XM Colossus doesn't do anything for me. Big part of it is the portrait. Been wavering on the Bel just because of box size vs. what I already have pre-ordered on the Batman side.

I have Rogue and Domino, think the only others that might sway me would be killer designs on new Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, or Gambit. All pretty safe bets, so that's a little troubling, money-wise. Ironically, I really like the new Gambit PF, but thought it was too dynamic for my display. The way I'd want to display him would take up way too much room, width-wise.
You're talking about the greatest portrait to ever grace a Colossus?

Yeah, I got the XM...I'm good on Colossus. I'm honestly not sure which X-Men characters I'd be interested in at 1/4 when I think about it. Maybe a Juggernaut, but that'll be expensive...and big. A Jim Lee Wolverine is a possibility, but it'd have to be pretty great to replace the SS Astonishing. I'd definitely be down for a Mr. Sinister if done right.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #47
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I am rooting for The Juggernaut here!
I would be very curious to see what a 1/4 scale statue of the unstoppable force of nature made by Iron Studions would look like.

If they make one,it will be a day 1 pre-order for me.

Rainer

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #48
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

The Bel Colossus PF is fantastic. One of the best things about it is its relatively small footprint. It doesn't take up much space for such a large character. I really like the XM Colossus. However, it would've been far more expensive and it takes up more space.

As for which characters I would buy...I'd take a classic or Astonishing Cyclops, classic Nightcrawler, and a classic or modern Storm. The only other piece that would hold my interest is a classic Magneto. I have the OG XM Mags on throne but I would love a classic Cockrum/Byrne/Lee styled Mags.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #49
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
You're talking about the greatest portrait to ever grace a Colossus?

Yeah, I got the XM...I'm good on Colossus. I'm honestly not sure which X-Men characters I'd be interested in at 1/4 when I think about it. Maybe a Juggernaut, but that'll be expensive...and big. A Jim Lee Wolverine is a possibility, but it'd have to be pretty great to replace the SS Astonishing. I'd definitely be down for a Mr. Sinister if done right.
I like a nice calm Colossus, so the Sideshow is great.

Juggernaut is always nice, but a properly-sized one from Iron Studios would be both too big and like $2000. No thanks. Maybe if I develop one of these full basement man caves you see in this hobby.

No idea what the deal is with Mr. Sinister. No statues, no movies (except for that teeny tiny tease/cameo). Very weird.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #50
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I like a nice calm Colossus, so the Sideshow is great.

Juggernaut is always nice, but a properly-sized one from Iron Studios would be both too big and like $2000. No thanks. Maybe if I develop one of these full basement man caves you see in this hobby.

No idea what the deal is with Mr. Sinister. No statues, no movies (except for that teeny tiny tease/cameo). Very weird.
Ah, I hear you. Yeah...if their Hulk is any indication, Juggernaut would be gigantic. A new box for me to live in, though. It's weird...not like the demand isn't out there for Mr. Sinister. There'll be one at some point, I would imagine. ...I also wouldn't mind seeing them take a swing at Apocalypse.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote