Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #4251
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well and remember before they shoved him into the Court of the Dead their Jack the Ripper PF was supposed to kick off a line of historical murderers and evil people with a fantasy twist. The second one was supposed to be Lady Bathory.

Just never happened.
What line did Vlad the Impaler fall into? Yeah I knew that about the Ripper piece.

Sales seemed ok for this line, so it's kind of weird they abandoned it.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #4252
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
I love my Ellianastis, absolutely beautiful.

maybe collectors lost interest, no new characters and people will walk away, they could have started on the angels and demons, imagine where that could have gone....
Yeah, Ellianastis is great, and yeah the Angel's and Demons would have been really popular, Exraile is the traitor Angel, I think he could be the coolest of all, also Kier as an Angel in premium format would have also been popular, seems they got caught up in making to many different scales of the same figures instead of focusing on what statue collectors wanted (new characters) the guy on Facebook said he talks to Tom? So I guess it's still possible at some point they actually do release something, but they have ruined all the momentum, Tom is the main guy at sideshow and this was HIS personal creation, I just dont understand why he cant even do a YouTube video saying the Court is not finished? Again the guy on Facebook stated that Tom said the COTD was still going just delayed because of Covid etc.. I guess if anything ever does come out it will be a great surprise for me personally
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #4253
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Yeah it's a big disappointment really. I just decided to sell off my entire collection because of it. They're great pieces but if the line isn't continuing I think I might as well let these go and just stick to Marvel/DC pieces.
I really hate seeing post like yours, but I absolutely understand, I did get frustrated and sell 5 of my least favorite ones, but still have 17 statues and 6 or 7 art prints
Old 07-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #4254
AC_808
Hercules

Only bought the Queen from this line. So yeah ... I'm over it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:07 PM   #4255
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Yeah it's a big disappointment really. I just decided to sell off my entire collection because of it. They're great pieces but if the line isn't continuing I think I might as well let these go and just stick to Marvel/DC pieces.
That's a real shame, sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah, Ellianastis is great, and yeah the Angel's and Demons would have been really popular, Exraile is the traitor Angel, I think he could be the coolest of all, also Kier as an Angel in premium format would have also been popular, seems they got caught up in making to many different scales of the same figures instead of focusing on what statue collectors wanted (new characters) the guy on Facebook said he talks to Tom? So I guess it's still possible at some point they actually do release something, but they have ruined all the momentum, Tom is the main guy at sideshow and this was HIS personal creation, I just dont understand why he cant even do a YouTube video saying the Court is not finished? Again the guy on Facebook stated that Tom said the COTD was still going just delayed because of Covid etc.. I guess if anything ever does come out it will be a great surprise for me personally
I remember Tom had said the line was continuing, he may even have something in the pipeline but as you say silence doesn't encourage people to pay attention.
Still won't sell the ones i have though.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:24 PM   #4256
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Only bought the Queen from this line. So yeah ... I'm over it.
Ha! Same.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #4257
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
That's a real shame, sorry to hear that.

I remember Tom had said the line was continuing, he may even have something in the pipeline but as you say silence doesn't encourage people to pay attention.
Still won't sell the ones i have though.
Me neither lonewolf, really thought about buying Shieve at 15% off, if they had shown something new I was definitely gonna buy Shieve, right now its 50/50
Old 07-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #4258
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
What line did Vlad the Impaler fall into? Yeah I knew that about the Ripper piece.

Sales seemed ok for this line, so it's kind of weird they abandoned it.
If I remember right Vlad was part of a historical figures line that also had Black Beard the Pirate.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:41 PM   #4259
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

So the last new Court PF was Stryfe Oathbreaker, that was announced January 2021, so 18months ago.

While that sucks for Court collectors it isn't really that long. I'd say if you see nothing at Spook then really start to worry.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:48 PM   #4260
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
So the last new Court PF was Stryfe Oathbreaker, that was announced January 2021, so 18months ago.

While that sucks for Court collectors it isn't really that long. I'd say if you see nothing at Spook then really start to worry.
That's what I was thinking, Spook or nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
This is hardly their first IP that they walked away from. Remember Dinosauria, Bigfoot, that German Soldier PF, etc, etc...
Never heard of this, but probably a line that should have been nipped in the bud...
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote