Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2022, 12:23 PM   #4241
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm surprised they're still making apples. Seems like they've abandoned their own license.
Yeah apples, maybe next year a rotten banana, what a joke, they treated us like crap with this line, Tom can't even say one word about it, does he think it's cool to try and be the George RR Martin of statues?
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #4242
Valderen
The Spirit

Yeah it's disappointing to see how they handle the line, I honestly think they made a huge mistake when they started doing characters that were already out instead of doing new characters, especially so early in the line and with basically tons of characters to do. I think tons of people quit the line at that point.

I loves the ones I have and I won't be selling them and I have no regrets buying them.

That said, if Sideshow ever tries to launch a new IP, it will be an easy pass for me no matter it is as I have no faith in them to support it.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:28 AM   #4243
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Maybe Tweeterhead will take over this line since they have done pretty good with the MOTU and the Chris Sanders Club Coconut lines.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #4244
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Maybe Tweeterhead will take over this line since they have done pretty good with the MOTU and the Chris Sanders Club Coconut lines.
Yeah but MOTU and Chris Sanders are IPs that were licensed. Sideshow actually owns Court of the Dead so I don't know how likely they would be to license it out.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #4245
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

This is hardly their first IP that they walked away from. Remember Dinosauria, Bigfoot, that German Soldier PF, etc, etc...

I only ever bought a rotten apple but enjoyed seeing these. Would have bought that mermaid (first one) but waited too long.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 11:40 AM   #4246
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

yeah I liked Deaths Siren and the original Kier but missed on both, I've only got 5 pieces and I'm happy with those...
really feel for those collectors that went all in on the licence.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:06 PM   #4247
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
This is hardly their first IP that they walked away from. Remember Dinosauria, Bigfoot, that German Soldier PF, etc, etc...

I only ever bought a rotten apple but enjoyed seeing these. Would have bought that mermaid (first one) but waited too long.
Well and remember before they shoved him into the Court of the Dead their Jack the Ripper PF was supposed to kick off a line of historical murderers and evil people with a fantasy twist. The second one was supposed to be Lady Bathory.

Just never happened.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #4248
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
yeah I liked Deaths Siren and the original Kier but missed on both, I've only got 5 pieces and I'm happy with those...
That's me, I still love my statues, but Tom failed big time on this, Ellianastis was 600 pieces and sold out, she was the last new character shown at SDCC in 2019, somebody on Facebook said we were absolutely getting new statues, said they talked to Tom, well obviously that didn't happen
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:37 PM   #4249
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
That's me, I still love my statues, but Tom failed big time on this, Ellianastis was 600 pieces and sold out, she was the last new character shown at SDCC in 2019, somebody on Facebook said we were absolutely getting new statues, said they talked to Tom, well obviously that didn't happen
I love my Ellianastis, absolutely beautiful.

maybe collectors lost interest, no new characters and people will walk away, they could have started on the angels and demons, imagine where that could have gone....
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #4250
Emperor
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Yeah it's a big disappointment really. I just decided to sell off my entire collection because of it. They're great pieces but if the line isn't continuing I think I might as well let these go and just stick to Marvel/DC pieces.
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote