Old 02-10-2021, 03:49 AM   #471
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Lord no
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanShadow View Post
When it comes to Storm, I am Team No-Hawk.

Original hair, original costume, please.
A change of head would allow everyone a chance to get what they want with a modern Storm. That said, the original Cockrum/Byrne costume is my favorite and that obviously wouldn't need a mohawk portrait.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #472
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Putting mohawks on non-mohawk suits is my biggest pet peeve of designers. Koto did it with their Lee Storm and it is ridiculous. It in fact might be a bigger pet peeve than making the silver suit white because at least I get where that change is coming from.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #473
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Putting mohawks on non-mohawk suits is my biggest pet peeve of designers. Koto did it with their Lee Storm and it is ridiculous. It in fact might be a bigger pet peeve than making the silver suit white because at least I get where that change is coming from.
Yeah it's just as stupid as putting Harley's jester hat on her roller derby outfit.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #474
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah it's just as stupid as putting Harley's jester hat on her roller derby outfit.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #475
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
A change of head would allow everyone a chance to get what they want with a modern Storm. That said, the original Cockrum/Byrne costume is my favorite and that obviously wouldn't need a mohawk portrait.
No, I just don’t like the costume. No slight to anybody who does. But a change of head wouldn’t help. I just wouldn’t buy that costume.

And aside from not liking how it looks, I don’t like what they did to Storm as a character during that time period. My opinions on what they did to her run deep. In my head cannon it was a Skrull or a Doombot imitating her at that point anyway and there’s nothing that exists to contradict that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Exactly. Couldn’t agree more. If it’s a costume she had long hair in, don’t give her the Mohawk.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #476
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Real quick before the XM vs SS police come in here, but most of my XM statues come with cool switch outs. The least being Black Panther, but even then, he has two amazing portraits, the unmasked head being one of the best portraits in all of my collection. Storm basically becomes a different statue. And they’re all STANDARD parts.

Sideshow on the other hand needs to step up the switch outs especially when they’re exclusives. They already charge differently for them, so give them more thought. The last Spider-Man has a weird Ex head that doesn’t look right to me. Then Harley like y’all mentioned, that head doesn’t fit the costume. Jean’s Ex is weird to me as she was never Phoenix in that Lee costume. I can’t wait to see what Ex this Storm has. I wouldn’t doubt if she does end up with Mohawk portrait or same exact head but with a tiara, simply because those don’t fit this costume.

Probably all white eyes VS pupils though, and different hair, like the OG.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #477
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Real quick before the XM vs SS police come in here, but most of my XM statues come with cool switch outs. The least being Black Panther, but even then, he has two amazing portraits, the unmasked head being one of the best portraits in all of my collection. Storm basically becomes a different statue. And they’re all STANDARD parts.

Sideshow on the other hand needs to step up the switch outs especially when they’re exclusives. They already charge differently for them, so give them more thought. The last Spider-Man has a weird Ex head that doesn’t look right to me. Then Harley like y’all mentioned, that head doesn’t fit the costume. Jean’s Ex is weird to me as she was never Phoenix in that Lee costume. I can’t wait to see what Ex this Storm has. I wouldn’t doubt if she does end up with Mohawk portrait or same exact head but with a tiara, simply because those don’t fit this costume.

Probably all white eyes VS pupils though, and different hair, like the OG.
Yes, all of these examples are stupid. The Phoenix flames on the Jim Lee Jean is the worst one. But, XM does some dumb ---- too, aka Emma Frost's "crystal" plastic glitter rose.

I just hope Storm and Scarlet Witch have good EXs - something that fits like Batman Who Laughs. Now, he's got a great EX.

Personally, I wish these companies would just do away with exclusives and put everything in one edition.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #478
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Storm doesn't lend herself to much to change outs without an entire costume change. Like Peedi, I think it will be the exact option at last time - portrait with slightly different hair and white eyes. Which, if she is a flying pose, there is no need for the blue eyes because her eyes are white when using her powers. But those are the options that will be given to us.

I'm hoping there is no cheap looking lighting effects. No company has mastered those yet.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #479
SDguy

I'd be down for a high, voluminous ponytail COH.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #480
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I love a high pony! What she commonly rocks now would be amazing. She did have a ponytail for a few issues - it was when Forge was a douche and dumped her.