Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 02:53 PM   #71
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If this is another tornado base, I will definitely be passing. Not going to own another huge blob of white and gray.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #72
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I’m not seeing this anywhere on their Instagram.
Look at Atomic Misfits. It’s the second part of their story. They didn’t take it down like Sideshow did. It was up there 30 mins ago and I found it by accident.

Edit: As of 2:39 EST, Storm isn’t posted on their stories either.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #73
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Demona said it before but XM’s has that body. Storm got @$$! This Sideshow does seem slimmer, like said, a more model type Storm rather than breasts and butt. Both are fine since comic artists change on this all the time. I will dig both! I just hope she’s a nice brown skin, not too dark or light. This ain’t biracial Halle Berry or Alexandra Shipp. Most statues get that much right. Right now I’m just a little thrown off by how light they made Miles Morales in the video game and subsequently the PCS statue when he’s always been a brown boy.
Sideshow and XM both gave her very nice skin tones, I hope they do her justice again because clearly they didn’t give her many curves. And I don’t mind a “model” Storm, I just prefer her to look different in form than Jean and Rogue. In a live action film, she can be model-esque too. I’m cool with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Maybe she’s standing on a snow covered rock surrounded by clouds inside the danger room, lol.
Best of both worlds! If she is on a tall rock, it’s totally the animated series opening. I’m calling that now.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #74
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sideshow and XM both gave her very nice skin tones, I hope they do her justice again because clearly they didn’t give her many curves. And I don’t mind a “model” Storm, I just prefer her to look different in form than Jean and Rogue. In a live action film, she can be model-esque too. I’m cool with it.

Best of both worlds! If she is on a tall rock, it’s totally the animated series opening. I’m calling that now.
Looks to me like her arms and legs are all extended, in a "Here comes the lightning" type of pose. Looking forward, not cocked legs, backswept arms, or turned head. Don't think it will look too much like Jean except for the waist from this angle.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #75
Halcyon
Loki

Her portrait is looking downwards. Otherwise the big blob must be a cloud over her head (instead of hairdue), which i doubt.
Prob base is giving expression to her powers. I think piece of tornado.
Bcs they can't do lightning, other than horrible plastic strings.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #76
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She is summoning lightning all right:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0FA9AFB2-17C3-4B41-9474-A7861FC9CBC2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	135591   Click image for larger version

Name:	F07437F1-BC89-4A4A-B23E-412FAB26D97A.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	135592   Click image for larger version

Name:	9F9CC33F-EA27-4DAC-ABDD-B571ACE66989.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	135593  
Old 12-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #77
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
The legs are extended with a large gap in the lightened picture, though. I think she's flying atop a cloud/tornado rather than standing in the animated pose.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #78
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
We could be getting a maquette but I’m thinking Storm will be more in line with how they did Jean rather than how they did Rogue or being a mimic of the XM.
Quote:
Looks like I thought correctly! These two are going to look great back to back. Or doing boob bumps.
My original Jean comments were based on how I figured SS would approach a new Storm. XM’s Storm is dynamic with that large tornado base, similar in scope to XM Phoenix with her powerful pose and raptor base. When SS did their DP/Phoenix Variant later, instead of trying to match the grandness of XM’s they made a scaled back, relatively simpler but very well sculpted statue and it worked. I just figured the same approach would be done with Storm, not trying to match the grandness of the XM by making a maquette and doing whatever maquettes may entail, but instead scale back a bit and go with a PF, more in line with how they did Dark Phoenix and Jean Grey with their version of flying rather than how they did Rogue or Magneto.

Anybody who will have both SS Storm and Jean (that will be me!) will hopefully have a great looking display. I’m excited to display them back to back!

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #79
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
The legs are extended with a large gap in the lightened picture, though. I think she's flying atop a cloud/tornado rather than standing in the animated pose.
Yeah, it does look like she’s standing in a tornado. That’s what I was saying before, could be another tornado which actually does put it closer to XM’s.

Quote:
Maybe switch out lightning hands options?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #80
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Tornado would be weak AF. Hope you didn’t do it Sideshow. It would also be dumb AF to cut off a third of her body by her standing IN a tornado. She is 5’11”. I wanna see those legs.