Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #3721
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
P1 crushed their event. That was an insane number of new pieces. And no fluff - just bashing you over the head with awesomeness. I don't collect any of their lines and I am impressed with the level of detail and lines they have been working on.
Same I don't have the money and space for Prime1 but man did they knock it out of the park. Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, videogames, Transformers, Berserk.....and the presentation was fantastic. Heck they even had a Penguin statue!!

I also saw huge improvements on their female sculpts..The two WW previewed were beautiful

Come on Sideshow....we need this level of excitement for your X-Men and Batman Rogues line
My wallet is waiting.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #3722
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
The new giant size X-Men art print has extremely similar costumes for Colossus and Wolverine to the recent Premium Formats.

Storm is in her black suit and is the extremely prominent on the print - is this a sign for her upcoming reveal at NYCC? 😁
I really hope you're right on this!

Quote:
P1 crushed their event. That was an insane number of new pieces. And no fluff - just bashing you over the head with awesomeness. I don't collect any of their lines and I am impressed with the level of detail and lines they have been working on.
Major agree. I can't say enough about how much I loved the Prime 1 event last night. A great job on every level from presentation to interaction within the chat and especially to the actual pieces presented. I really hope other companies took note and will adjust their online events accordingly.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #3723
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hope that SS learned from the SDCC online event. While I will always appreciate the battle for codes, we actually need statues - that's what we want to see. Not just 1000 Hot Toys either. Actual statues. And new stuff.

That P1 Artgerm Wonder Woman really has me debating. I don't own anything 1:3, but she is flawless. And I like her because she is Artgerm, but doesn't scream his style.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #3724
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Double Post
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #3725
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

STORM

Quote:
Praise be to the goddess - bring us Storm.
Most on this thread will not agree with my costume choice (Jim Lee White), but I'll be happy to see STORM in any outfit.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #3726
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Absolutely. That was just nuts. SS needs to step their game up big time.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #3727
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Most on this thread will not agree with my costume choice (Jim Lee White), but I'll be happy to see STORM in any outfit.
That’s likely the costume we’d get anyway. Seeing as how every X-Man who had a Jim Lee costume has an updated version of that costume: Cyclops, Jean, Gambit, Rogue and Psylocke. I would think Storm would be no different. The only characters not in Jim Lee costumes are the ones who had no Jim Lee costume.

Then again, Sideshow released a whole line up of 90s X-Men before and randomly threw in classic Cockrum/Byrne costume Storm...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:15 AM   #3728
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That’s likely the costume we’d get anyway. Seeing as how every X-Man who had a Jim Lee costume has an updated version of that costume: Cyclops, Jean, Gambit, Rogue and Psylocke. I would think Storm would be no different. The only characters not in Jim Lee costumes are the ones who had no Jim Lee costume.

Then again, Sideshow released a whole line up of 90s X-Men before and randomly threw in classic Cockrum/Byrne costume Storm...
Colossus had a Lee PF release and was rereleased in a modern costume not his Lee costume. There's no rhyme or reason with the way sideshow does things. Who knows what costume they'll choose for Storm?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #3729
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Colossus had a Lee PF release and was rereleased in a modern costume not his Lee costume. There's no rhyme or reason with the way sideshow does things. Who knows what costume they'll choose for Storm?
I can only hope.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #3730
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Colossus is the exception. Have him and completely forgot about him! Lol! I see Colossus’ costume as a mix though. Definitely some Lee, with some Cockrum, Cassaday and other influences. But Colossus does have like 5 different costumes that are the same basic costume lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote