Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #141
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The full frontal portrait is still off, I am not seeing a likeness to Gal at all. Maybe it's the lighting, as the little Facebook video stated...still hoping for the best.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #142
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Maybe they’re not finished with the last-minute revisions??
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #143
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
The full frontal portrait is still off, I am not seeing a likeness to Gal at all. Maybe it's the lighting, as the little Facebook video stated...still hoping for the best.
I'm with you.. likeness from front is off.. and somehow, the skin is too yellow.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:32 PM   #144
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

At this point, QS needs to drop an official high production value video reveal of this bust. Their competitor has already released their version and it turned out great. I'm beginning to wonder if they are struggling with Gal's likeness as they've been uncharacteristically in stealth mode as opposed to previous busts they've created.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #145
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think 'great' is subject to a matter of opinion. The forehead is quite pronounced and the hair is not as full as the QS bust. That being said, couldn't agree more. As someone who has this on pre-order, I'd love to see QS or some retailer release high-res images or video to allay that 'have I made a mistake?' feeling...
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:57 AM   #146
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
At this point, QS needs to drop an official high production value video reveal of this bust. Their competitor has already released their version and it turned out great. I'm beginning to wonder if they are struggling with Gal's likeness as they've been uncharacteristically in stealth mode as opposed to previous busts they've created.
That’s up for debate.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:57 AM   #147
oddlysober

Even with the forehead/hairline "issues", Queen's competitor nailed the likeness. Given this much time to tweak and rework the portrait, the final product photos thus far is leaving me rather anxious as to what will ultimately arrive at my door. Like others here, I'll wait for better pics and videos and hope for the best.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #148
worstgamerever

Can someone please confirm based on official info: Does this come with the shield, please? Most of the website pics do not have a shield. And the shield in the pics above, shown from behind (especially the Facebook video) is certainly the same shield as the standalone shield which is sold seperately. So can someone please confirm?

I ordered this bust and am looking forward to it, as I assumed it will come with the shield!

Thanks!
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #149
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

QS confirmed on their FB page that she comes with the shield.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #150
Brandon
The X-Men

I agree that QS should give us clear, HD pics and video of WW. They shared tons of progress reports with the Batfleck bust, so why so secretive with this. Maybe we should pressure them on their FB post.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote