Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #181
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

it'll be cool having at least some of the cards Alex

even the base cards are on really thick stock right? they probably wont even fit in card sleeves?

hell for the money i'd save maybe ill just save all the card images if I can find them in high def and just adore the artwork that way

maybe someone will make a bootleg version of this set on regular card stock and sell it to the masses? lol id buy that in a heartbeat

if not ill probably just have to settle for looking at pics on my iphone! which would normally eat me up inside, but saving a grand and not having to deal with the thick cards that cant even be put in card sleeves, might be OK with it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:39 PM   #182
SONICobra
Batman

lol @ bootlegs, what has this come to skybox - bootleg trading cards?!?!?!? I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone did that but I can just about guarantee you they would be fuzzy digital scans on cheap card stock with a portion of the painting cut off (I have been unknowingly scammed with bootleg material before )
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #183
Brian R.
The Riddler

Checklist is up. There's a link on Joe's Twitter account. A lot of great choices here. Characters like Man-Thing, Ka-Zar, Multiple Man, Wasp, Giant-Man, Groot, and Tiger Shark are part of the base set, and are the most common. Nice to see so many characters painted that were not part of the 1992 set.Might have to get a few on ebay, because there's no way I can afford to buy a case. Hopefully the secondary market prices are not too outrageous. Tragic that these are going to be so rare and expensive.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #184
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

So, crazy question, where can we buy these online?
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #185
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
So, crazy question, where can we buy these online?
No idea. They're not released until the 29th though.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #186
premium_substit

Cool, thanks for the info. I just sent a couple inquiries in to a couple sites, though I'm only in for 1 box . I know it will barely be the tip of the iceberg, but its just for funsies and to see some of the cool art in-hand.

Forgive my ignorance, im not up with the card breakdown lingo.. the last set i collected was 95 Fleer Ultra Xmen Chromium .. when it says 1:10 for example - the ":" here represents 1 in 10 packs? But when it says 1/1000, does the "/" here represent the amount of that card available (i.e. edition size)?

So using the first card as an example in the below checklist, are there only 1,999 of Ultimate Spiderman available?

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016-upp...-masterpieces/
Old 06-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #187
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. I just sent a couple inquiries in to a couple sites, though I'm only in for 1 box . I know it will barely be the tip of the iceberg, but its just for funsies and to see some of the cool art in-hand.

Forgive my ignorance, im not up with the card breakdown lingo.. the last set i collected was 95 Fleer Ultra Xmen Chromium .. when it says 1:10 for example - the ":" here represents 1 in 10 packs? But when it says 1/1000, does the "/" here represent the amount of that card available (i.e. edition size)?

So using the first card as an example in the below checklist, are there only 1,999 of Ultimate Spiderman available?

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016-upp...-masterpieces/
Yeah, I think that's what it means, but I haven't collected these since the very expensive 1996 Masterpiece set, although that set is going to seem cheap compared to this one.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #188
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'm having a hell of a time finding places that sell/preorder these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #189
premium_substit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I'm having a hell of a time finding places that sell/preorder these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Send an email to: info@digitalheroes.com

Just got a reply and they are taking pre-orders ($150 + shipping). They are authorized dealers of upper deck so can't go wrong.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #190
ALEX23
The Avengers

I guess I don't feel too bad now, the place I pre-ordered from has raised the price to $164.95 a box.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote