Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #1601
XMAN
Ultron

The facial expression and the bodily pose go perfect together ?.The pose is majestic and the facial expression works perfectly to provide amazing emotion to this piece
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #1602
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

this Transformation Hulk head sculpt and art direction is literally perfect. It has all of the best features of the 3 LBS 1:3 heads with NONE of the weak points. seeing it next to the LBS heads it really highlights how absolutely amazing this portrait is.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk Heads (1).jpg
Views:	358
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	152535  
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:33 AM   #1603
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

That’s why this hobby is so much fun. It’s art and it’s subjective. To me, these side by side comparison highlights the weakest part of Transformation Hulk which I think is the head sculpt. Now Transformation Hulk is amazing…but this head…with the thin, stretched out lips? Not my Hulk. Chiseled chin and model cheekbones? Not my Hulk. Funky out-of-proportion teeth to compensate for an open mouth expression with a clenched mouth? Just poor art direction and a cheap shortcut to avoid sculpting the inner mouth.

Now, the 1/3 Hulk’s head sculpts aren’t perfect either. But it does show the promise of getting closer to that perfect Hulk head sculpt by having that larger canvas to play with.
jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #1604
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
That?s why this hobby is so much fun. It?s art and it?s subjective. To me, these side by side comparison highlights the weakest part of Transformation Hulk which I think is the head sculpt. Now Transformation Hulk is amazing?but this head?with the thin, stretched out lips? Not my Hulk. Chiseled chin and model cheekbones? Not my Hulk. Funky out-of-proportion teeth to compensate for an open mouth expression with a clenched mouth? Just poor art direction and a cheap shortcut to avoid sculpting the inner mouth.

Now, the 1/3 Hulk?s head sculpts aren?t perfect either. But it does show the promise of getting closer to that perfect Hulk head sculpt by having that larger canvas to play with.
i don't think anyone was harder on the Transformation Hulk than me. this head sculpt literally makes the statue.

the Lips? now that you pointed me in that direction, that is another thing this piece has on the LBS, look how soft and lush the Lips are on all the the Retro and Kirby, they look Grouper-like.

Chin and Cheekbones? XM nailed the cheekbones and jaw to perfection. Incredibly pronounced and protruding highlighting what an uncivilized brute with a neanderthal-look, they're perfect.

Teeth?: XM's Teeth are perfect. Crooked and not 100 straight. again this highlights that he's a monster. the LBS's teeth are perfect, like that you would see in a text book for dental perfection. Hulk should not have perfect straight teeth, XM nailed this as well. I never compared the teeth before thanks for pointing it out.

The XM Transformation has the best of all features in one place. It has the neanderthal Kirby Brow, with the protruding cheekbones like Kirby and Bob Larkin's Hulk. It combines these classic and retro features while delivering a HD modern hybrid of the best of Hulk in one portrait. This head has a Alex Ross feel to it with modern HD finishing. This head is a grand slam.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:44 AM   #1605
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
That?s why this hobby is so much fun. It?s art and it?s subjective. To me, these side by side comparison highlights the weakest part of Transformation Hulk which I think is the head sculpt. Now Transformation Hulk is amazing?but this head?with the thin, stretched out lips? Not my Hulk. Chiseled chin and model cheekbones? Not my Hulk. Funky out-of-proportion teeth to compensate for an open mouth expression with a clenched mouth? Just poor art direction and a cheap shortcut to avoid sculpting the inner mouth.

Now, the 1/3 Hulk?s head sculpts aren?t perfect either. But it does show the promise of getting closer to that perfect Hulk head sculpt by having that larger canvas to play with.
You're bugging! It's a great statue. Hard to call any single portrait definitive with so many artist's interpretations of these characters, but the Trans gives a look of power and majesty to me. A powerful pose that makes you think it's the first time he's seen the light. Just looking at those four portraits together makes me think the 1/4 is the leader of that group. I got into statue collecting because I saw this statue!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:10 PM   #1606
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Looking at those four portraits together makes me think the 1/4 is the leader of that group.
I don't have a horse in the race. I don't own the Transformation and obviously haven't PO'd the LBS. I've been critical of both, but as a Hulk fan, the Transformation head is just mesmerizing. i wouldn't change a single thing, even the hair. the hair is fantastic.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #1607
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

It’s hard to compare. But owning the Transformation already is why I opted for the grey Kirby. It’s a nice representation of old school hulk, and different enough to justify a duplicate character display. Can’t lose with any of them, really.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #1608
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I don't have a horse in the race. I don't own the Transformation and obviously haven't PO'd the LBS. I've been critical of both, but as a Hulk fan, the Transformation head is just mesmerizing. i wouldn't change a single thing, even the hair. the hair is fantastic.
Agreed, but if I didn't have Trans I would definitely pick this one up.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #1609
FJC
Midnighter

The XM Transformation HULK portrait is absolutely perfect. I passed on sooo many 1/4 HULK statues over the years simply because I thought the portraits were bad. I wanted to pull the trigger on the Transformation HULK as soon as I saw it. It was THE HULK statue I had been waiting for.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:56 PM   #1610
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote