Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #11
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Severed ties with KoH even though he is a shareholder in the middle east marvel line? Not a chance.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #12
Sup3rs3d3d
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Severed ties with KoH even though he is a shareholder in the middle east marvel line? Not a chance.
That's the problem...there's been so many lies that I don't really know what to believe and what not to...“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche. Fans will be fans and people on the fence can go either way, but at least they have all the info to decide on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
The sculpt will never be released, Syco contacted Marvel, they said no.
Trust me I asked a friend that works at Disney, no one seems to know the details but it seems this is a product that according to Marvel will not happen. If there was even the faintest chance for this product to happen, ( and there isn't ) I would personally make sure Chris' sculpt got picked up, and paid in full upfront, and yes even add a generous dose of royalties, because it is the right thing to do, and I just love his sculpt that much.
I appreciate that and thanks for clearing things up a little more, Erick. My issue was never with the forums. It was with how I was approached by the company and expected to trust a third party (KOH) for all my information. I guess I'll just accept Jonathon is/was EXTREMELY naive to trust KOH to such a degree and may very well be a good guy, but possibly a bad businessman that needs to allocate more duties to trustworthy people or MAKE time for business interactions to avoid what happened to me. It sounds like he may be doing some of that now, so great.

I don't expect the vast majority to understand because it doesn't affect them, but I was very new to this scene. I put a lot of time and energy into my sculpts as most artists do and in the end I felt I was being taken advantage of. Then after the fact, I see my work copied because I didn't agree to their terms. I hope you do set them straight from now on, Erick and thanks for having my back when it counted.

As for Dan, he's a loyal friend and would be to anyone if he felt a person was wronged. He's the type of guy that if he saw you getting your arse beat, he'd join in to help you. I never asked for help, but I'm glad I got it.

I'm tired of the drama, what's done is done and hopefully after this no one tries it with anyone again. I'm done unless someone addresses me. Thanks and peace.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #13
Deadking92
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Tbh Erick I am really happy that you are advising them. While if I may add something I believe that Syco would really benefit from having a better and larger fanbase if they stop releasing like 2-3 statues of the same character for instance scoprion with only a difference in the base, which is one of the reason I prefer other companies in this regard because when I buy a piece I can be sure that it will not be competing against a 2.0 version coming out the year after.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Hi Gannon, KOH was not a shareholder in Syco ME and the License for Marvel is in this company. He originally helped in setting up the company as we needed a sponsor in the UAE to set up the company. He provided a friend who owns part of the company.... That is all.

Everyone can read what they would like into it. I have spent the best part of nearly 2 weeks trying to sort this mess out with both SF and CH along with Erick, Charles and Dennis.....

We are sponsoring the Webinar Seminars for the next 12 months to give something back to everyone.

Just give us a chance over the next few months and see the changes....

Thank you and best,
Jonathan
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #15
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
Are there any new updates with the situation on this Ferrigno Hulk Statue?
From what I read, whether it's the sculpt done by Chris or the one that you were gonna go with? Marvel had final say in it and not Lou Ferrigno so it was never released?
Has anything been done with Marvel to get this released yet?
Can things now be hashed out with Chris to get his original sculpt released?
Hi Astro,
As you may have read in my Apology Post, Marvel will not grant a license to anyone for the Lou Ferrigno statue. There is an issue between Marvel and Lou Ferrigno, which I know nothing about.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rs3d3d View Post
Oh snap! Captain Justice aka Dynamic Menace drove all those points home like Matlock!! lol I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree it's all a little shady how this went down and I'll reiterate some of these points with my final post on the CH....which was never answered.

I do appreciate the apology and what you're doing Jonathon. I'm ready to move on, though I'd like to explain the situation from my end and ask one final question.

I wasn't "upset", I just didn't take the company nor the deal seriously because I didn't understand how a company would let a third party handle it's dealings and business decisions without an official representative making contact with me. I only heard from Abdel throughout the whole ordeal up until a day before I was supposed to come to some sort of agreement. There was evidently going to be a meeting or conference call with Lou's people the next day and this meant I had no time to negotiate and figure out if everything Abdel was telling me was indeed true. Can you imagine now knowing what you know about Abdel...having only his word to go on??

I was upset however, when I saw how my work had been copied. I can understand how you can be in a pinch and you were lied to as well, but I don't understand why Abdel was still tied to the company after the fact. It seems he caused enough trouble from this fiasco alone to second guess your involvement with him, yet he was on the forums posting on Syco's behalf, asking for ideas and trying to hire sculptors from around March 2012 to just last week. If only now all ties have been cut, why weren't they cut long before? The vast majority of this could have been avoided. I think this answer and/or further detail of his involvement would restore trust.
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the post and for your question. Firstly and directly, you have my sincere apology for the situation that happened.

I understand how you must have felt now and were put in a situation where it seemed like a gun was put to your head. For this again I'm sorry.

Like you said why did we carry on working together. Like I am asking everyone, for a second chance, I did the same.

To my detriment, I have never been one to look at the forums and interact with fans, sculptors etc. Not because I didn't want to but just because I really didnt find the time.

So if I had of known what was going on in SF and what was being said on our behalf I would have got involved and sorted it out a long time ago. Now that I have and will continue to be involved on the Forums I hope this will never happen again.

I have been helped and advised by Erick and he is helping us and making sure that we make the correct decisions and relationship when it comes to hiring sculptors and other professionals in this industry.

I hope yourself and everyone else can now start to look past this and and give us that second chance.

Best, Jonathan
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-syco View Post
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the post and for your question. Firstly and directly, you have my sincere apology for the situation that happened.

I understand how you must have felt now and were put in a situation where it seemed like a gun was put to your head. For this again I'm sorry.

Like you said why did we carry on working together. Like I am asking everyone, for a second chance, I did the same.

To my detriment, I have never been one to look at the forums and interact with fans, sculptors etc. Not because I didn't want to but just because I really didnt find the time.

So if I had of known what was going on in SF and what was being said on our behalf I would have got involved and sorted it out a long time ago. Now that I have and will continue to be involved on the Forums I hope this will never happen again.

I have been helped and advised by Erick and he is helping us and making sure that we make the correct decisions and relationship when it comes to hiring sculptors and other professionals in this industry.

I hope yourself and everyone else can now start to look past this and and give us that second chance.

Best, Jonathan
There is nothing better for a collectible company like yours to be in touch with the fans through forums like SF. You can get a good gauge of what characters to make, poses, and design suggestions. But a warning, you better have thick skin!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
There is nothing better for a collectible company like yours to be in touch with the fans through forums like SF. You can get a good gauge of what characters to make, poses, and design suggestions. But a warning, you better have thick skin!
Agreed 100%!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Secondly, I just want to point out to dynamic and anyone else that followed this whole debacle, what was said on Statueforum, was never, and I mean never ever mentioned or talked about on their facebook page unless someone from SF specifically asked a question about it in the Others section on the facebook page (I know this cause I go to Syco facebook page every day), and that is why I was always suspicious as to what was said here on Statueforum. So I will not come down on Syco (Jonathan specifically) like a hammer. It would have been even worse if he or any other representative of Syco came on SF and proceeded to say things not knowing all of the facts of what was going on over here.
loricstone, i gather that you are replying to my comments i made about sycos statements on their FB page and website. please aloow me to explain what i was referring to.
when i was talking about their statements on their FB page i was talking about specific statements. the recent announcements that they made on their FB page and their website about everything that had happened over at the CH and on here in the past couple of weeks. not all of their statements. and all i was saying was that all statements or announcements about all that transpired at the CH and on here last April when they copied Chris' sculpt should have all been the same. they should include the apology to Chris for copying his sculpt. but they didn't. no apology to Chris on their FB page and no apology on their Web site. but i know why they didn't becasue of the what you have mentioned in your comments about the fact that not all collectors are part of these forums. of course they wouldn't talk about this on their FBpage. it would be incriminating to their character as a company and would blemish their reputation. (shooting them selves in the foot sort to speak) but that was my whole point. they are not talking about what happened last April when they copied Chris sculpt and are not including it becasue they dont want people to know the whole truth. thats why its hard to believe the apology and its sincerity.
to believe that Jonathan knew nothing about all the facts that what was going on over here last April with Chris is absurd. even if he hadn't been able to come one these forums and see it him self. he would have known through the grape vine. someone had to have told him about it. thats just how i see it and feel about it. i honestly believe that he knew exactly what was going on. it would be foolish to think otherwise.
i think i would be more to believe the sincerity if he included the apology to Chris on their FB page and on the their site. its only the right thing to do. hopefully Eric can advise them to do so. and i think that Chris would appreciate a lot more as well. would be a good gesture of showing that they can be a trustworthy company and would restore more trust in what they are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I agee with you Dynamic,
I also commend you for standing up for Chris, even when things got a bit heated.
I think the biggest issue here is being addressed, Jonathan needs more help, and he needs to be aware of everything going on, and act upon any need that arises. Yet, you cannot allow just anyone to help you either, new parameters have been established and I personally am overseeing things from now on.

I honestly feel things will go smoother, and hopefully soon they can hire other talent so we can create a good relationship with artists as well.
Things like this shouldn't happen, and I hope I can help with keeping that promise.
well thank you Eric, i really appreciate it man. im glad you agree with the points that i was making to show that what was being said was making it hard to believe. as i stated above. i think if you can get Jonathan to include the apology to Chris (with explanation so it looks as they are doing the right thing and being totally honest and showing good character) in their announcements on their FB page and on their site. that would further their step in the right direction in righting the wrong. and as i said would restore more trust.
but i do want to make it clear i would have done this or stood up for anyone that this would have happened to. it just so happened that it happened to my friend. so it really struck a never with me personally. but im ready to move on as well. and will be watching to see how things turn out down the line.

i guess in a sense all that has happened was for the better for it was a major lesson learned for syco.
im sure Jonathan knows now what things to do and what things not to do.
im willing to see if they can indeed turn things around. and see if they will do the right things.

i do want to add. its nice to communicate with your fans. but to constantly fish on your FB page or on the forums for ideas of of what potential customers want to see isn't really a good idea. no other company does this. and for good reason. it implies that you really dont know what your doing and that you cant make a decision for yourself. and this can make things very difficult when it comes to producing your product. you have to learn you cant always please everyone. but it all comes down to producing the best "quality" product you can. not quantity. i think if you took more time in working on the quality you'll see that it will be more rewarding.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
Underdog07
Hercules

Screw the statues. Get some attractive people and turn this whole escapade into a Spanish Soap Opera!!!!
Closed Thread