Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
loricstone, i gather that you are replying to my comments i made about sycos statements on their FB page and website. please aloow me to explain what i was referring to.
when i was talking about their statements on their FB page i was talking about specific statements. the recent announcements that they made on their FB page and their website about everything that had happened over at the CH and on here in the past couple of weeks. not all of their statements. and all i was saying was that all statements or announcements about all that transpired at the CH and on here last April when they copied Chris' sculpt should have all been the same. they should include the apology to Chris for copying his sculpt. but they didn't. no apology to Chris on their FB page and no apology on their Web site. but i know why they didn't becasue of the what you have mentioned in your comments about the fact that not all collectors are part of these forums. of course they wouldn't talk about this on their FBpage. it would be incriminating to their character as a company and would blemish their reputation. (shooting them selves in the foot sort to speak) but that was my whole point. they are not talking about what happened last April when they copied Chris sculpt and are not including it becasue they dont want people to know the whole truth. thats why its hard to believe the apology and its sincerity.
to believe that they knew nothing about all the facts that what was going on over here last April with Chris is absurd. they knew exactly what was going on. it would be foolish to think otherwise.
i think i would be more to believe their sincerity if they included the apology to Chris on their FB page and on the ir site. its only the right thing to do. hopefully Eric can advise them to do so. and i think that Chris would appreciate a lot more as well. would be a good gesture of showing that they can be a trustworthy company and would restore more trust in what they are saying.

well thank you Eric, i really appreciate it man. im glad you agree with the points that i was making to show that what was being said was making it hard to believe. as i stated above. i think if you can get Jonathan to include the apology to Chris (with explanation so it looks as they are doing the right thing and being totally honest and showing good character) in their announcements on their FB page and on their site. that would further their step in the right direction. and as i said would restore more trust.
but i do want to make it clear i would have done this or stood up for anyone that this would have happened to. it just so happened that it happened to my friend. so it really struck a never with me personally. but im ready to move on as well. and will be watching to see how things turn out down the line.

i guess in a sense all that has happened was for the better for it was a major lesson learned for syco.
im sure Jonathan knows now what things to do and what things not to do.
im willing to see if they can indeed turn things around. and see if they will do the right things.

i do want to add. its nice to communicate with your fans. but to constantly fish on your FB page or on the forums for ideas of of what potential customers want to see isn't really a good idea. no other company does this. and for good reason. it implies that you really dont know what your doing and that you cant make a decision for yourself. and this can make things very difficult when it comes to producing your product. you have to learn you cant always please everyone. but it all comes down to producing the best "quality" product you can. not quantity. i think if you took more time in working on the quality you'll see that it will be more rewarding.
I see what you are saying and please let me look into this.
As for the forums being used as tools to gauge what the majority likes I feel forums provide you with a great tool to give people a chance to be involved , specially this very forum, I have yet to find another collectibles forum that is not specifically focused on one company, SF is more balanced that way and this to me is a great opportunity to learn and a great place to be in.
I for one truly believe that while it is true that you cannot and will not please everyone it is a great tool to learn, and the best why to address concerns by the majority of fans. I myself have used this tool plenty of times and it has helped me and my clients tremendously, I will always hold this place in high regard.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 01-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
As for the forums being used as tools to gauge what the majority likes I feel forums provide you with a great tool to give people a chance to be involved , specially this very forum, I have yet to find another collectibles forum that is not specifically focused in one company, SF is more balanced that way and this to me is a great opportunity to learn and a great place to be in.
I for one truly believe that while it is true that you cannot and will not please everyone it is a great tool to learn, and the best why to address concerns by the majority of fans. I myself have used this tool plenty of times and it has helped me and my clients tremendously, I will always hold this place in high regard.
Don't forget to send the mods their checks!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #23
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I agee with you Dynamic,
I also commend you for standing up for Chris, even when things got a bit heated.
I think the biggest issue here is being addressed, Jonathan needs more help, and he needs to be aware of everything going on, and act upon any need that arises. Yet, you cannot allow just anyone to help you either, new parameters have been established and I personally am overseeing things from now on.

I honestly feel things will go smoother, and hopefully soon they can hire other talent so we can create a good relationship with artists as well.
Things like this shouldn't happen, and I hope I can help with keeping that promise.
Well said Erick
I wish the best to you and Syco.
Hopefully their sculpts will get better since you are involved also their relationship with the community.

last but not least I would like to welcome Jonathan in our forum
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #24
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Don't forget to send the mods their checks!
More? Am I late with my protection fee?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-syco View Post
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the post and for your question. Firstly and directly, you have my sincere apology for the situation that happened.

I understand how you must have felt now and were put in a situation where it seemed like a gun was put to your head. For this again I'm sorry.

Like you said why did we carry on working together. Like I am asking everyone, for a second chance, I did the same.

To my detriment, I have never been one to look at the forums and interact with fans, sculptors etc. Not because I didn't want to but just because I really didnt find the time.

So if I had of known what was going on in SF and what was being said on our behalf I would have got involved and sorted it out a long time ago. Now that I have and will continue to be involved on the Forums I hope this will never happen again.

I have been helped and advised by Erick and he is helping us and making sure that we make the correct decisions and relationship when it comes to hiring sculptors and other professionals in this industry.

I hope yourself and everyone else can now start to look past this and and give us that second chance.

Best, Jonathan
again, im sorry but its just hard to believe that you knew nothing about what was going on on here. its just hard to believe that you were completely oblivious to it for 9 months. specially being the CEO. that just doesn't make sense. someone had to have told you about it. if indeed you never read any of it.
if what you are saying is true. than you need to be a much smarter business man an not be so naive.
i guess ill give you the benefit of the doubt.
it is what it is and if you can learn for all of this the more power to you man.

but i will reiterate. i do think it would be a good idea for you to publicly apologize on your FB page and your web site for what you did to Chris. an announcement all on its own. he at least deserves that. and to be honest i feel thats what you own the man. as i said to Eric. explain it in a way that it makes you look like your doing the right thing and showing good character and wont be detrimental to your company.
i feel if you do this. then i think it would restore trust from more of us on here. specially Chris and I.

i will say i am looking forward to the results that come about from all of this with your company. hopefully you can keep taking the steps in the right direction and improve the integrity and professionalism of your company. and improve the quality of your products. and always, always remember its not about quantity its all about quality when it comes to this hobby.

good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Screw the statues. Get some attractive people and turn this whole escapade into a Spanish Soap Opera!!!!
iOle! Complete with .
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #27
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
again, im sorry but its just hard to believe that you knew nothing about what was going on on here. its just hard to believe that you were completely oblivious to it for 9 months. specially being the CEO. that just doesn't make sense. someone had to have told you about it. if indeed you never read any of it.
if what you are saying is true. than you need to be a much smarter business man an not be so naive.
i guess ill give you the benefit of the doubt.
it is what it is and if you can learn for all of this the more power to you man.

but i will reiterate. i do think it would be a good idea for you to publicly apologize on your FB page and your web site for what you did to Chris. an announcement all on its own. he at least deserves that. and to be honest i feel thats what you own the man. as i said to Eric. explain it in a way that it makes you look like your doing the right thing and showing good character and wont be detrimental to your company.
i feel if you do this. then i think it would restore trust from more of us on here. specially Chris and I.

i will say i am looking forward to the results that come about from all of this with your company. hopefully you can keep taking the steps in the right direction and improve the integrity and professionalism of your company. and improve the quality of your products. and always, always remember its not about quantity its all about quality when it comes to this hobby.

good luck and welcome to the forum.
Just so you know, I can confirm the apology will be made at their website and FB, FB may take a couple of days as it is handled by Eduardo, but as soon as Jonathan wakes up tomorrow ( night in China) he will address this personally.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #28
DynamicMenace

Quote:
As for the forums being used as tools to gauge what the majority likes I feel forums provide you with a great tool to give people a chance to be involved , specially this very forum, I have yet to find another collectibles forum that is not specifically focused on one company, SF is more balanced that way and this to me is a great opportunity to learn and a great place to be in.
i hear ya. but thats really what i meant. just take in what they say. but dont specifically ask what needs to be fixed. or whats wrong. thats what an art department or art director is for isn't it? after all they are a company. not an individual who needs help to figure out what needs to be done or fixed. im not saying dont listen to what your fans want or suggest at all. becasue sometime more than not they know what they are talking about.. it is about quality products for the fans. and i know its good to make the best quality product you can for them. and listening to the fans can do that for you. but take it all in and just know when to make the decision and stick with it thats all im saying.
im sure that now they have you they wont need to do it as much as they did in the past.
but i guess they could be the first company to allow the fans to be the co art director on all their products.
that would free up some of your time and make your your job with them a lot easier.. :laugh.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rs3d3d View Post
As for Dan, he's a loyal friend and would be to anyone if he felt a person was wronged. He's the type of guy that if he saw you getting your arse beat, he'd join in to help you. I never asked for help, but I'm glad I got it.

I'm tired of the drama, what's done is done and hopefully after this no one tries it with anyone again. I'm done unless someone addresses me. Thanks and peace.
thanks for the comment Chris. i really appreciate it my man. ill always have your back no matter what. so dont ever forget that. thats what friends are for.

and i totally agree with you. Ive said what i needed to and im ready to move on and put this whole thing behind us.

Quote:
Just so you know, I can confirm the apology will be made at their website and FB, FB may take a couple of days as it is handled by Eduardo, but as soon as Jonathan wakes up tomorrow ( night in China) he will address this personally.
Thanks everyone for your help.
well thats great news man.
i thank you Eric. that would be and honorable thing for him to do.
im looking forward to the announcement and personal apology to Chris on their FB page and their website.
this will definitely restore some trust for me. and know that he is actually being sincere about what happened.
and thank you for all that you have done for this whole mess. its good to know that people have each others backs on here. specially one of the pros.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

A big thank you to Jonathan and Erick for this thread, it comes off credible and honest to me so we are happy to give Syco a second chance. With Erick helping with art direction, I am really anxious to see what comes from Syco going forward.

Jonathan, I hope you can appreciate the skepticism that many might have at this point. Most of us are forgiving and want to see Syco succeed but it will take some time to earn that trust back. Trust but verify – that’s the approach most will probably take. The good news is that every time you make a wise business move, your credibility will be restored incrementally. Good luck with the future of your company

CAF
Closed Thread