Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2024, 12:29 PM   #21
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm in the situation where I have the P1 Alien 1/3's, with the XL JH Pred so getting these would make sense, but I really like the original Dog & Chap & don't want to sell them to fund these new ones. What to do.... what to do.

I think having JH, Berserker & Wolf across from Chap, Warrior & Dog would be my personal ultimate Alien Predator display. If I can get the CH for dirt cheap used way in the future, maybe add that and be done for good.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:43 PM   #22
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
Would be interested if it wasn't overscaled (main reason I didn't get the predator).
Then get the previous version...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 11:35 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
It's in my top 3 favorite statues for sure.

Funny how both my highest (debatable) quality statue and lowest quality statue are both from Prime 1. Dog alien and Fugitive predator bust.
Yeah and that bust is P1's gauge for why busts don't sell. Yeah ----ty busts sure don't sell!

Is this the same pose/sculpt as the previous doggie?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:01 AM   #24
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah and that bust is P1's gauge for why busts don't sell. Yeah ----ty busts sure don't sell!

Is this the same pose/sculpt as the previous doggie?
Nope, looks new. This one is climbing down from something. More wrinkles above the lip also suggest a new sculpt.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:37 AM   #25
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[QUOTE=VILE GUILE;6178352]I'm in the situation where I have the P1 Alien 1/3's, with the XL JH Pred so getting these would make sense, but I really like the original Dog & Chap & don't want to sell them to fund these new ones. What to do.... what to do.

While this new sculpt seems to be very dynamic I would never in a million years get rid of the OG Dog to fund the new one?it?s just such a masterpiece.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:13 AM   #26
Fiorwestcoast
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Oh this one looks promising, an amusing admission that their Predator 1/3 statues aren't actually 1/3 though lol. If nothing else, we might see a few of the older dogs go up for sale, that is probably the statue I most regret not getting in my entire time in this hobby. Might have a chance soon.... Or maybe this one will actually top it.
I have the chap with wall and the original p1 dog. I think it's a very strange approach to do a not 1/3 "1/3" lol.
But I will probably get this and display it elsewhere away from those pieces. The big issue is if Romulus is really good and the ALIEN in it is great.
Fiorwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:59 AM   #27
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorwestcoast View Post
I have the chap with wall and the original p1 dog. I think it's a very strange approach to do a not 1/3 "1/3" lol.
But I will probably get this and display it elsewhere away from those pieces. The big issue is if Romulus is really good and the ALIEN in it is great.
Something was amiss when they released their "1/4" Jungle Hunter in essentially 1/3 scale. The Big Chap with the wall(or without), goes perfectly with it.

This statue will most likely be amazing, as P1 have been hitting all of their Aliens out of the park.

I think if the statue is a key character for you, scale won't really matter in your display.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 03:39 PM   #28
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Nope, looks new. This one is climbing down from something. More wrinkles above the lip also suggest a new sculpt.
That's what I thought it looked like as well. Like that old Sideshow 1/6(?) diorama.

I'm worried the base for this is going to be ridiculous.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 03:46 PM   #29
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
That's what I thought it looked like as well. Like that old Sideshow 1/6(?) diorama.

I'm worried the base for this is going to be ridiculous.
Hopefully the fact that it's climbing down means the statue will be tall rather than wide/deep. But it might be too much to ask that the footprint be smaller than the original 1/3...

They could also deviate a bit for the other Aliens, same as they did in the previous line. The Warrior and Dog had wide dioramas while the Big Chap had a relatively small base with a giant wall (and then nothing for the reissue). Maybe there's room for minimalism here too, depending on the film and the whim of the designers.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:23 PM   #30
Python
Omega Red

Having the OG Big chap with wall, I'm not sure I need an even bigger version. That is one huge statue! But not having the dog.... I'm watching this with interest. I love the pose on the last one though, I'd happily just get that one.

The 1/3 JH is basically my centerpiece anyway, I'm not overly concerned with everything else matching its scale.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote