Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #1441
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
A little off topic but I wonder if SS ever did a Puck premium format, who’s even shorter than Wolvie is, would he be in the $500-$600 range?
They did a Rocket Raccoon that’s a good example of size and you can compare the price there
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:34 PM   #1442
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Got Wolverine today; another phenomenal statue. It really looks great and I agree with some others it definitely is a bit bigger of a Wolverine statue than I've seen before. Definitely bigger than the Sideshow blue. It really looks great in person.

I do have a bit of a concern about the claws eventually becoming loose, potentially snapping when inserting/removing, etc. I'm a switch out guy so I'll definitely be using them and it needs to be done carefully. So hopefully that doesn't become an issue down the road. But it does look really, really good. I may not like everything they do but I give them a ton of credit; XM makes some high quality stuff with real creativity in the work.

I also appreciate a pretty good sized 1/4 scale statue with a lot of parts in a relatively compact box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200604_162645.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	130791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200604_162953.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	130792  
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:06 PM   #1443
Barbarian
Jedi Order

He looks awesome! Thanks for the pics and congrats, mva! So looking forward to getting this.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #1444
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I knew he was bigger I took flack over that , oh well he’s a nice e piece I just don’t like when XM can’t get a scale right . Seriously annoying
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #1445
Asgard
Deadman

Congratulate
I expect mine every day.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #1446
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I knew he was bigger I took flack over that , oh well he’s a nice e piece I just don’t like when XM can’t get a scale right . Seriously annoying
Yeah, every company seems to do that from time to time. I have 3 sideshow pieces that are out of scale or too big. The OG Bats PF and the OG Spidey COM as well as my AH Mystique COM. Got some that are slightly under scale as well ( OG Green Lantern and Deadpool PFs). It's annoying whenever that happens, but if the piece turns out great, all is usually forgiven.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:54 AM   #1447
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Got Wolverine today; another phenomenal statue. It really looks great and I agree with some others it definitely is a bit bigger of a Wolverine statue than I've seen before. Definitely bigger than the Sideshow blue. It really looks great in person.

I do have a bit of a concern about the claws eventually becoming loose, potentially snapping when inserting/removing, etc. I'm a switch out guy so I'll definitely be using them and it needs to be done carefully. So hopefully that doesn't become an issue down the road. But it does look really, really good. I may not like everything they do but I give them a ton of credit; XM makes some high quality stuff with real creativity in the work.

I also appreciate a pretty good sized 1/4 scale statue with a lot of parts in a relatively compact box.

Do you mean the statue of Wolverine itself is bigger than the SSC blue Wolverine?

Or is the statue as a whole is bigger?

If you have the SSC blue Wolverine, too ...could you post side by side pics?
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #1448
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't have the SS blue Wolverine anymore, I sold it a while back.

The statue as a whole is definitely "bigger" just based on the design of it as the base and the point at which you put Wolverine is multiple inches higher than the closer to the ground sentinel hand of the SS version.

As for Wolverine himself yes I do think the XM version is a bit bigger, but it's not like it's some "huge" difference. It doesn't bother me any; I have no problem with getting statues that are a bit bigger than the stated scale.

It's really a great, great looking statue. I definitely prefer it to the SS blue. And that was a good one too.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #1449
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Do you mean the statue of Wolverine itself is bigger than the SSC blue Wolverine?

Or is the statue as a whole is bigger?

If you have the SSC blue Wolverine, too ...could you post side by side pics?
he doesnt look out of scale next to other statues, hes the same size as a standard 1/4 scale statue so a little big for wolverine but not off putting
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #1450
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah, this XM Brown Wolverine isn't too big... His unmasked portrait is definitely overscaled though.. but the masked portrait looks alright.. Overall body scale, as compared to other wolverines, he's fine.

It's not as overscaled as Mystique was.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote